Strategy for getting tickets day of game

JTrain

From experience.....three best spots are at the Embassy Suites, the interestion of Stadium Drive and T St (across from Huskers Authentic), and the walking bridge over 10th street.

When I am in need, I check craigslist first to get an idea what prices are. Than make my way down to the stadium. The longer you can wait the better. After the gates open 90 min before kick-off is best. Always best to buy off fans over scalpers.

If you find someone selling tickets on a bike or scooter, holding a laminated sign reading 'I need Ticket' and the other side 'I have Tickets'....run away!

Or you can be like me and have your wife ask if you want to sit in the sky box, cause her friends dad said we could have it for the fresno st game. And I was like hell yes! So we get to round up 15- 20 of our friends for saturday night!

I'm in C-ville. What time does the bus leave?

Scalpers are scum, yes. However, if you can find two that are kinda jawing back and forth, try to get them in a bidding war. Never done it at a football game, but at the Big XII bball tourney last year we were approached by a scalper in the parking lot. We had tickets and weren't interested, but all of a sudden another one comes runnin up yellin at the other guy for sellin in his lot. Next thing you know they're cuttin prices by 75% trying to sell to our group of 6 just to piss the other guy off.

I might just go find a scalper and haggle with him for kicks. It would be funny to go through a 5-10 minute haggle only to walk away.

I did that with a phone co. once. They were "going to lower my bill by $75 a month (my bill wasnt even 75 a month), 15 min. later I said so if I switch I will get a check in the mail every month? They hung up on me.

I might just go find a scalper and haggle with him for kicks. It would be funny to go through a 5-10 minute haggle only to walk away.

I did that with a phone co. once. They were "going to lower my bill by $75 a month (my bill wasnt even 75 a month), 15 min. later I said so if I switch I will get a check in the mail every month? They hung up on me.

:thumbs

On a somewhat related note, what's the easiest way to get back on 80 East from the corner of N 16th St and O St. I'll be parked there and am looking for the quickest way back to Iowa. I know they block off some on-ramps after the games. Should I try getting right on 180 N or am I better off taking O east to some other connecting street?

On a somewhat related note, what's the easiest way to get back on 80 East from the corner of N 16th St and O St. I'll be parked there and am looking for the quickest way back to Iowa. I know they block off some on-ramps after the games. Should I try getting right on 180 N or am I better off taking O east to some other connecting street?

When I lived in Omaha I found the best way would be to take west O to the interstate junction off homestead expressway, about at NW 21st and West O.