Washington Aftermath

BIG ERN

Just have to give my two cents after attending the Washington game yesterday. -2nd row seats turned out to be epic btw.- First off Andrew Green is one of the worst corners I've ever seen start at Nebraska. Call it being over dramatic, call it our safeties aren't good , say whatever you want be he was OWNED all game long. Haven't watched the game again, but from being there I remember him giving up 3 TD passes, 2 pass interferences, defensive holding, and a face mask (correct me if I'm wrong). Evans and Mitchell have only looked alright at best, and Cassidy hasn't impressed me once. I still think Osborne and Stafford need to start at safety with Cooper and Smith having a few looks, and I want to see Dijon Washington get some play at corner. Also wouldn't mind if Whaley saw some PT over Fisher at LB.

I think we will make some improvement obviously because it has to happen sometime soon, hopefully. Wisconsin is a little overrated because IMO the Big 10 looks weak right now and they haven't played jack. Offensively we looked pretty good overall with our offensive line making a few strides. LOVED when Legate finally got some good looks. GBR

At least he's not Pat Ricketts.

Oh......you went there didn't ya???!!! :ahhhhhhhh

Senior corner Alfonzo Dennard was close to playing Saturday. He went through some of pregame warm-ups and Carl Pelini said he's 95 percent right now and the 5 percent for him is probably more mental than anything.

Does he have nerve problems or something?

Players are gonna play hesitant if they are sporting an injury that has kept them out for a long period of time.

I pulled my hamstring junior year of high school pretty bad. I wasn't the same for a few weeks after fully healing, I was scared to make the cuts and moves I usually made with ease. I'm guessing Dennard, being out so long, is in the same boat. Just a little hesitation, he'll forget about it once he realizes he's back where he used to be.

Senior corner Alfonzo Dennard was close to playing Saturday. He went through some of pregame warm-ups and Carl Pelini said he's 95 percent right now and the 5 percent for him is probably more mental than anything.

Does he have nerve problems or something?

Players are gonna play hesitant if they are sporting an injury that has kept them out for a long period of time.

I pulled my hamstring junior year of high school pretty bad. I wasn't the same for a few weeks after fully healing, I was scared to make the cuts and moves I usually made with ease. I'm guessing Dennard, being out so long, is in the same boat. Just a little hesitation, he'll forget about it once he realizes he's back where he used to be.

pain is a powerful memory. That's one reason I hope Abdullah's injury doesn't get into his head

Just have to give my two cents after attending the Washington game yesterday. -2nd row seats turned out to be epic btw.- First off Andrew Green is one of the worst corners I've ever seen start at Nebraska. Call it being over dramatic, call it our safeties aren't good , say whatever you want be he was OWNED all game long. Haven't watched the game again, but from being there I remember him giving up 3 TD passes, 2 pass interferences, defensive holding, and a face mask (correct me if I'm wrong). Evans and Mitchell have only looked alright at best, and Cassidy hasn't impressed me once. I still think Osborne and Stafford need to start at safety with Cooper and Smith having a few looks, and I want to see Dijon Washington get some play at corner. Also wouldn't mind if Whaley saw some PT over Fisher at LB.

I think we will make some improvement obviously because it has to happen sometime soon, hopefully. Wisconsin is a little overrated because IMO the Big 10 looks weak right now and they haven't played jack. Offensively we looked pretty good overall with our offensive line making a few strides. LOVED when Legate finally got some good looks. GBR

At least he's not Pat Ricketts.

My eyes started to bleed after reading that name. Thanks for the bad memories.