Brent Musburger in Lincoln?

N Bug

I guess the question we should be asking here is if there are *any* ABC/ESPN/MickeyEars sports announcers that Nebraska fans *do* care for?

'Cause so far, we've run through Matt Millen, Ed Cunningham, Herbstreit, Mushyburger, and we've historically claimed folks like Bob Davies, Dan Dierdorf, Griese, Keith Jackson, and the frozen head of Walt Disney have all had it in for Nebraska for one reason or another.

Just sayin'. :):espnsucks:

this is the closest thing i could fine when it comes to herbstreit hating nebraska

And I personally don't feel that is because of any personal vendetta at all. I've heard Kirk say a significantly larger number of positive things about our program than negative, and that night he just happened to believe that other teams were better, it's an opinion based on simple thought and not a personal bitterness.

I guess the question we should be asking here is if there are *any* ABC/ESPN/MickeyEars sports announcers that Nebraska fans *do* care for?

'Cause so far, we've run through Matt Millen, Ed Cunningham, Herbstreit, Mushyburger, and we've historically claimed folks like Bob Davies, Dan Dierdorf, Griese, Keith Jackson, and the frozen head of Walt Disney have all had it in for Nebraska for one reason or another.

I don't mind Herbstreit and I love Keith Jackson. Muskburger and Griese have both more than earned Husker fans ire. Some of what I hate them for would no longer be an issue since we are now part of their favored B1G conference. Griese promoting his own kid and Michigan back when Nebraska clearly had the better team and should not have had to share a title with Michigan is a good place to start looking for answers. As for the Muskburger issue, all you have to do is rewatch virtually any NU game he has done and listen to how lopsided most of his commentary is. That and his propensity for going way over the top on the most basic of circumstances.

I don't mind Herbstreit and I love Keith Jackson. Muskburger and Griese have both more than earned Husker fans ire. Some of what I hate them for would no longer be an issue since we are now part of their favored B1G conference. Griese promoting his own kid and Michigan back when Nebraska clearly had the better team and should not have had to share a title with Michigan is a good place to start looking for answers. As for the Muskburger issue, all you have to do is rewatch virtually any NU game he has done and listen to how lopsided most of his commentary is. That and his propensity for going way over the top on the most basic of circumstances.

JJ--I'm not disagreeing with you. Lord knows if I ever meet Griese in person, it will take every fiber of my being not to kick him in the nuts and tell him that was for the '97 Huskers. And frankly, I could do the same to Herbie and Messyburger for trying to defend that human excrement Walt Anderson in '09.

But people have even run down Herbie and Keith Jackson here and elsewhere too. Unless the announcer is an unabashed homer (see: Kugler doing the BTN games for Volleyball and Football), we're never collectively happy with anyone, it seems.