Mizzou

mwj98

Let me get this straight......mizzou bashed Nebraska for leaving the Big 12.....ok. So, if the Big 12 got what it wanted (getting rid of Beebe), and the teams are dedicated to staying and stabilizing the Big 12.....why the rumors of going to the SEC????

The more and more this debacle with the Big 12 continues, the more Osborne and company look like prophets.

In fairness, I think there would be plenty of Mizzou bashing amongst Nebraska fans if Missouri were in our shoes, getting ready to play their first Big Ten game. In fact, there was a LOT of Missouri bashing here at HuskerBoard in early 2010 when word out of Missouri was that they were going to the Big Ten.

Sure, it's a double-standard that we're cool with the Big Ten now that we're in and we were denouncing their announced desire for B1G membership, and it's also a double-standard that people there were all for moving to the Big Ten and then had a meltdown against Nebraska when we announced our move. But that's how humans typically operate - living in the moment, responding to current stimuli.

In fairness, I think there would be plenty of Mizzou bashing amongst Nebraska fans if Missouri were in our shoes, getting ready to play their first Big Ten game. In fact, there was a LOT of Missouri bashing here at HuskerBoard in early 2010 when word out of Missouri was that they were going to the Big Ten.

Agreed. It's similar to how many bash Texas in here because of their big money, power, and the ease at which they can recruit four and five star athletes. If Nebraska was in THEIR shoes, I think we would all be really happy and wouldn't think anything of it. It's all about perspective, people.

I am just really happy Nebraska landed in the Big 10 away from all this "drama". It's nice being able to talk about the upcoming football games rather than worrying about where you will be next year.

Mizzou in the SEC would be hilarious. I actually hope they make that move. With A&M moving to the SEC, Texas recruits who want to play in the SEC will have a local option to choose from.

And not many southern recruits from SEC country will pass on all the "local" teams to go up to mizzou, just to play against SEC teams.

And they don't have the local recruiting base (like A&M) to recruit the type of players they would need to play in the SEC.

In other words, we're looking at Vanderbilt version 2.0...

Go for it Mizzou, I'll never have to hear about your relevance again!

P.S. Their local paper did a poll of all local sports media people in the columbia and KC area asking which conference would be best for them. Most all said the big ten, a few said staying in the Big 12, no one said the SEC. Yet the fans all want the SEC. I think the fans (as usual with them) once again think their program is something no one outside of their fan base thinks it is.