Madison Experience

Oh the whining, good god the whining. I've found something UNL beats UW in.

here's something else NU beats UW at, having more good cholesterol.

not exactly.... http://www.webmd.com...ls-in-28-states

i didn't say anything about obesity.

sorry I just thought since obesity level and cholesterol level have such a strong correlation. but if u were saying Nebraska has more good cholesterol, the same way eggs have good cholesterol then... congratulations?

sorry I just thought since obesity level and cholesterol level have such a strong correlation. but if u were saying Nebraska has more good cholesterol, the same way eggs have good cholesterol then... congratulations?

to be fair to me, it was a joke. just trying to make light of you cheese and brat culture.

to be fair to me, it was a joke. just trying to make light of you cheese and brat culture.

We take our obesity very seriously around here. :box

We take our obesity very seriously around here. :box

obviously, it's not a big concern of ours.

The band director, Mike Leckrone, came up with the Fifth Quarter (where the band comes onto the field and entertains fans after the game) back in the '70s when the football team sucked and they needed a way to keep people from leaving before the end of the game.

Back then the students also used to find ways entertain themselves since the product on the field was pretty depressing. Thus the multiple wave formations (slowdown, fast, reverse and split) and the singing and chanting.

It's from these kinds of things that we get our reputation as fans -- that the environment around gameday is just as important to a lot of UW fans (and maybe even more important) as the game itself. That can be taken as a negative, but rest assured that win or lose Wisconsin fans will always have a good time.

The students were terrible. Absolutely classless. Not only do they chant "Eat sh*t, F*ck you" at each other before the game, but they love to chant it at opposing fans walking down the street.

The non-students were TERRIFIC. I had great conversations with people at the bars, and the Wiscy fans around us were great! I was very impressed. They did get a little obnoxious, but nothing bad. I would say the Madison experience is very good, but to compare it to Nebraska is laughable - we don't get half the stadium chanting swear words and I like to think we handle winning a big win better than their fans did, they thought they were being nice but were extremely condescending.

I also got really tired of hearing "Welcome to the Big 10!" but I suppose they had a right to say that last night...

The students were terrible. Absolutely classless. Not only do they chant "Eat sh*t, F*ck you" at each other before the game, but they love to chant it at opposing fans walking down the street.

The non-students were TERRIFIC. I had great conversations with people at the bars, and the Wiscy fans around us were great! I was very impressed. They did get a little obnoxious, but nothing bad. I would say the Madison experience is very good, but to compare it to Nebraska is laughable - we don't get half the stadium chanting swear words and I like to think we handle winning a big win better than their fans did, they thought they were being nice but were extremely condescending.

I also got really tired of hearing "Welcome to the Big 10!" but I suppose they had a right to say that last night...

There's a popular saying amongst older Wisconsin fans that goes something like this: "F*cking students". It's a bit of a double entendre in that the students are the worst behaved, but also that they get blamed for things they probably shouldn't.

f#*k, our country is fat.

What's scary is seeing all the little fat kids mowing over my kids at the park and other places they play. There are kids that are 4 or 5 that have a gut hanging over their pants. I live in Minnesota btw :moreinteresting

From reading these forums I've come to many conclusions. Mainly that Nebraska is the best university to ever field a football program, and Nebraskans are all beautiful, welcoming people who are definitely not obese. Curse my luck for being born to a fat family of badger fans, life just isn't worth living, I'm doomed forever to be rude, vulgar and underachieving athletically. Woe is me.

If only we could all be from fair Nebraska, by far the greatest state in our illustrious union.

From reading these forums I've come to many conclusions. Mainly that Nebraska is the best university to ever field a football program, and Nebraskans are all beautiful, welcoming people who are definitely not obese. Curse my luck for being born to a fat family of badger fans, life just isn't worth living, I'm doomed forever to be rude, vulgar and underachieving athletically. Woe is me.

If only we could all be from fair Nebraska, by far the greatest state in our illustrious union.

it really is too bad.

f#*k, our country is fat.

What's scary is seeing all the little fat kids mowing over my kids at the park and other places they play. There are kids that are 4 or 5 that have a gut hanging over their pants. I live in Minnesota btw :moreinteresting

Can the Badgers have them?