The Best part of a Husker Loss

nepolo7

I guarantee you if we run Bo off.................we're screwed for 15 years. We've went through way too many coaches in the last 10 years for anyone to want to come in here and coach if we run Bo off. Bo is doing a decent job, 9 to 10 win seasons aren't to be taken lightly. Don't forget the Callahan years people, we could be right back there very easily if we aren't careful.

This is not UF or UT or OSU where coaches will be lining up for the job. It has nothing to do with the name, with the tradition of the facilities but it has everything to do with the recruiting. NU is not an easy play to recruit.

You build the best style of team that your recruiting shortcomings afford you. So why don't we go back to our roots and get the big, local farm boys like we used to (and like Wisconsin does now)? Those were the kids that would play above their heads and to their last breath for their team and their fans. They gave the team a soul. It just feels like these Pelini teams don't have a heart and soul. Bo has said it himself: They play for themselves.....and therein lies the problem. If they had any sense of pride, heart, and soul, they'd beat down the cupcakes that they were supposed to beat down, and Memorial would be a horrible place for an opposing team to visit (like Camp Randall). We have a very poorly motivated team, bordering on outright laziness, and it shows in how they play.

I'm sick and tired of hearing that our old formulas for success wouldn't work today. We just got thoroughly schooled by a team that directly patterned itself after our old philosophies. Wisconsin didn't do anything fancy with a bunch of 5 star recruits. They just gave us a good, old-fashioned Nebraska beat down---and guess what? It still works today like it did in the 70's, 80's, and 90's. Just like a house, a team starts with a foundation. We didn't build a good one, and for every wall we seem to build, another falls down.

This is not UF or UT or OSU where coaches will be lining up for the job. It has nothing to do with the name, with the tradition of the facilities but it has everything to do with the recruiting. NU is not an easy play to recruit.

You build the best style of team that your recruiting shortcomings afford you. So why don't we go back to our roots and get the big, local farm boys like we used to (and like Wisconsin does now)? Those were the kids that would play above their heads and to their last breath for their team and their fans. They gave the team a soul. It just feels like these Pelini teams don't have a heart and soul. Bo has said it himself: They play for themselves.....and therein lies the problem. If they had any sense of pride, heart, and soul, they'd beat down the cupcakes that they were supposed to beat down, and Memorial would be a horrible place for an opposing team to visit (like Camp Randall). We have a very poorly motivated team, bordering on outright laziness, and it shows in how they play.

I'm sick and tired of hearing that our old formulas for success wouldn't work today. We just got thoroughly schooled by a team that directly patterned itself after our old philosophies. Wisconsin didn't do anything fancy with a bunch of 5 star recruits. They just gave us a good, old-fashioned Nebraska beat down---and guess what? It still works today like it did in the 70's, 80's, and 90's. Just like a house, a team starts with a foundation. We didn't build a good one, and for every wall we seem to build, another falls down.

+1

Is how crazy this board gets. It is very entertaining.

I think we all need some perspective. Stay the course. The coaching staff will figure it out. The last thing NU wants to do is become a program that runs off a coach every 3-4 years.

Yeah, let's get behind our team! They need our support now more than ever, not kicked while they're down. While the game they lost was a big one, I'm sure that they feel worse about it than we can ever imagine.

Bob Devaney and Tom Osborne both have been shellacked like this in the past. Bo is going to be fine. Like someone else posted, he has to grow too. I look forward to seeing how we will evolve in the next 4 years. We have some really talented young men on our team but they're young. They'll learn.

On to the Ohio State game! GBR!!!

this lots hurts real bad.....but i guess it comes with the territory of being a hardcore sports fan.. ... ususally football season is the most stressful/joyous time of my life... hell its almost like lent for me where for a period of many months i give up my 'bad habits' thinking it might draw favor on the football gods.....

a also think nebraska is a great place for recruits.... i mean what makes Oklahoma such a great place?? the town?? the weather?? i guess its all how you approch it.....

im a husker through and through and the way i look at it things will fall into place where ever they are meant to fall.....

i do feel sorry for OSU however