Good Read on Taylor

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/nebraska-quarterback-taylor-martinez-has-magic-touch-101510

I found that article when I was trying to locate an article from last year describing where Taylor got his nickname. I thought it was really good article for something I found on accident, even though it is from last year.

I did not know a lot of that stuff about Taylor and have a bit more respect for him and what he's been through now. Thought it would be appropriate too, since he is taking so much flak after his performance last weekend. Stuff like this reminds you that there is far more to a person than their play on Saturdays.

http://msn.foxsports...ic-touch-101510

I found that article when I was trying to locate an article from last year describing where Taylor got his nickname. I thought it was really good article for something I found on accident, even though it is from last year.

I did not know a lot of that stuff about Taylor and have a bit more respect for him and what he's been through now. Thought it would be appropriate too, since he is taking so much flak after his performance last weekend. Stuff like this reminds you that there is far more to a person than their play on Saturdays.

This is the what I was alluding to in the other thread. I didn't want to dig it up, because I wanted to see if some people would actually try to back their claims in regards to Taylor being a selfish primma donna who gave himself the nickname. They didn't.

Haha, Drowning, I laughed :lol:

Does giving yourself a nickname make you a selfish primadonna?

Is your name really 'zoogies'? :cop:

chuckleshuffle

Also, to answer your question, yes. It's quite a common surname here in Bizzaro Shawn Watson Is Never Wrong Land. ;)

http://sports.omaha....d-mad-martinez/

We really need to get off Taylor's back. On the one hand, talking about his play is fine and something that any college athlete should be able to handle. But students going up to him in Spanish class and telling him to throw fewer interceptions? His girlfriend of all people, catching grief? I suppose that really comes with the territory, too, but ugh.

I'm proud especially of how the team is rallying around him, because we need that, and because it really shows the strength of this team. Doesn't matter how valid or invalid any criticisms are, that's what the team should do. When Tedy Bruschi went off on Chad 85 for his tweets, Brady came out and jumped to his guy's defense, saying "I love Tedy, but he doesn't have any idea what he's talking about." That's how you protect a locker room and good for Yoshi, among others, for stepping up to the plate.

Couldn't read the first article on my phone but I'll check it out tomorrow, love the other human side of sports stories.

The second article is just rediculous wish I was in that class so I could tell the dumb b*tch to shut the f up, because he skinny jean wearing pansy of a boyfriend would curl up in the fetal position and cry if he had 300lb men charging at him, much less play a full game and have the guts to continue after he knew he screwed up.

I get the feeling this is a major crossroads for Taylor. Situations like this can end up defining who you are. Do you come out a shadow of yourself and limp through the season, or do you fuel yourself with the criticism and give it your all to be the best and improve. I get the feeling if he has his way some people here will be eating crow before it's all said and done. I just hope he can make steady improvememts and take this team to it's full potential.

As somebody who's been as critical of Taylor as many people here, I will say that telling him "throw fewer picks" while he's in class and talking about him to his girlfriend are both in extremely poor taste.

That said, we'll see when we go up against tOSU if he can turn the anger into motivation and play better. Hopefully he will.

Haha, Drowning, I laughed :lol:

Does giving yourself a nickname make you a selfish primadonna?

Is your name really 'zoogies'? :cop:

chuckleshuffle

Also, to answer your question, yes. It's quite a common surname here in Bizzaro Shawn Watson Is Never Wrong Land. ;)

http://sports.omaha....d-mad-martinez/

We really need to get off Taylor's back. On the one hand, talking about his play is fine and something that any college athlete should be able to handle. But students going up to him in Spanish class and telling him to throw fewer interceptions? His girlfriend of all people, catching grief? I suppose that really comes with the territory, too, but ugh.

I'm proud especially of how the team is rallying around him, because we need that, and because it really shows the strength of this team. Doesn't matter how valid or invalid any criticisms are, that's what the team should do. When Tedy Bruschi went off on Chad 85 for his tweets, Brady came out and jumped to his guy's defense, saying "I love Tedy, but he doesn't have any idea what he's talking about." That's how you protect a locker room and good for Yoshi, among others, for stepping up to the plate.

This is what I've been railing on. I have no problem with talking about play on the field. None. Taylor needs to step it up, bigtime. If he's gonna be the starting QB, then it's time to man up, and start making better decisions.

But the childish insults/nicknames are just another symptom of the underlying problem. Husker fans are taking this way too personal.