Missouri President free to explore conference affiliation, which means . . .

huKSer

God I wanted them in the Big Ten, Delany is stupid for not taking them. Great School, solid athletically, fits academically, natural rivals in the conference and brings in TV markets, they even wanted to join, now the SEC adds to its dominance.

I agree. As far as the Big Ten's expansion options go Mizzou is probably only behind Notre Dame.

God I wanted them in the Big Ten, Delany is stupid for not taking them. Great School, solid athletically, fits academically, natural rivals in the conference and brings in TV markets, they even wanted to join, now the SEC adds to its dominance.

I agree. As far as the Big Ten's expansion options go Mizzou is probably only behind Notre Dame.

Yep, If both were added they'd be in a great position for the future. Damn ND has always got to be so stubborn!

Sources say Missouri has majority vote, but not enough to gain membership in the SEC.

Link

Momentary hiccup. The markets alone make Missouri worth the price of admission into the conference, and that price is likely to be in negative territory when the CBS rights go out to auction.

It has never made much sense to me why the B1G hadn't grabbed Mizzou ... it's even more now. The thing about this is that if the B1G were to offer an invite to Mizzou at this critical time ... you would be taking the a big domino to the end of the Big 12. Ya, it could still survive ... but you would end up with a solid conference and all that could really be pieced together after that is perhaps the TeXas 12 or TeXas 10. Personally, screw ND ... give them one final offer to join and if they don't ... round it out to 14 and be done with it. I'd take Kansas from the Big 12 for basketball.

Sources say Missouri has majority vote, but not enough to gain membership in the SEC.

Link

This keeps getting better and better. Imagine, after all of their posturing, if Missouri did not get accepted into the SEC.

Ha, they have no luck. Many SEC fans don't want them.