Buckeyes In Lincoln

So my wife and were REALLY excited when we were able to get two tickets to the game this weekend....

Now..... not so much. Most people in Columbus are now laughing at us, where they used to be jealous of us..... I am expecting a beat down that will remind you of the Big 8 games you used to play.

I need some advice from the friendly Cornhusker fans for a rookie coming to his first game in Lincoln.

First off, we are flying in early Saturday morning to Kansas City. We will get a rental car and then lunch before heading to Lincoln. We love BBQ and are thinking of heading to Jack Stacks or Arthur Bryant. Any thoughts on this. We plan on being at the restaurant when the doors open - 11AM.

Here's my real problem. How to get to Lincoln. My original thought was to go up I-29, maybe into Omaha, and then double back to Lincoln, that would allow us to stay on the interstate. However, I now hear that I-29 is really messed up due to floods and should be avoided.

Should we take I-70 out of KC, head to Manhattan Kansas and then head due north?

We'd love to get something for dinner before the game, but we have to pick up our tickets at the OSU Alumni Assoc and they will have food for us there!

And advice would be great appreciated!!

you cant go up 29 past rockport due to flooding or that would be the way to go. keep in mind the airport in kc is north of I70 a little ways. I would go to St joe and head west on 36 to highway 75 north (sabetha ks) take 75 to Nebraska city and then take highway 2 to Lincoln

Yep...write that down, because that is the route to take. Don't do what some people have done and go past barricades and drive their car into the river. Not kidding they have done that lol. That is what their GPS told them to do I guess. Hope you have a safe trip to Lincoln and good luck to your team. Hopefully it turns out to be a good match no matter what happens.

how high is the water on highway 2? will that be opened anytime soon? I am tired of haing to go to omaha and south on 75 to get to auburn

They were talking like it would open pretty soon, but they were going to put down rock for a road. Maybe I can find an article, but that is what I have been hearing.

how high is the water on highway 2? will that be opened anytime soon? I am tired of haing to go to omaha and south on 75 to get to auburn

They were talking like it would open pretty soon, but they were going to put down rock for a road. Maybe I can find an article, but that is what I have been hearing.

Couldn't really find anything concrete on Hwy 2 in Iowa, but the bid letting is scheduled for Oct. 12.

Hahahahahahahahaha!

Oklahoma Joe's is the place to go for BBQ. It is on the Kansas side south of I-70, so if you go there take I-70 to Manhattan exit, hold your breath until you get past KSU.

Buckeye fans-Welcome to Lincoln. I've taken the route up from KC several times and everyone on here is right. When you get to St Joes, take 36 West and then 75 North to Highway 2. The trip between St Joes and Highway 2 is a bit annoying as it's mainly 2 lanes. Once on highway 2, take it right into Lincoln, and if you keep on it, it will eventually turn into 10th street and take you straight downtown to the stadium.

Couldn't really find anything concrete on Hwy 2 in Iowa, but the bid letting is scheduled for Oct. 12.

Hahahahahahahahaha!

Oklahoma Joe's is the place to go for BBQ. It is on the Kansas side south of I-70, so if you go there take I-70 to Manhattan exit, hold your breath until you get past KSU.

Don't take the Manhattan exit. Take the Highway 99 exit to wamego. Head straight north on 99 to 36 then jog over to 77 straight up to Lincoln. I live in Wamego and the drive up 99 is kind of pretty for Kansas.

you cant go up 29 past rockport due to flooding or that would be the way to go. keep in mind the airport in kc is north of I70 a little ways. I would go to St joe and head west on 36 to highway 75 north (sabetha ks) take 75 to Nebraska city and then take highway 2 to Lincoln

^ This

I live in Springfield, MO and drive up to every home game (as well as various family events in Lincoln). It saves me about an hour going this way instead of taking 70 to 77.

Also, the best BBQ in the KC area is in this town on the outskirts of the city called Excelsior Springs. The restaurant is called Wabash BBQ. It's possibly the best I've ever had.

I'm from Kansas City. I highly reccomend Jack Stack over AB. Go to the JS that is downtown, off of Broadway. It has better food, and is not in a really bad slum area. Enjoy the food and the game.

Gates is easy enough to go to, it is right on Main St. at 31st, and they have good food. I never liked going there though because the service is attrocious. They literally yell at you everytime they speak to you, and it makes you feel unwelcome. The place is usually pretty dirty too. I guess it would be alright for a one-time experience though.