I Support Bo Pelini and Taylor Martinez

EZ-E

When you look at all three of TMart's INTs he was trying to hit a home run. He knows better than to throw across his body, he knows better than to throw into the coverage that he did on the second one, he knows better than to try to make the hardest throw out of the three ones he was given. Every QB makes mistakes when they try to force the football. Is it possible for a 20 year old qb to just think that he has to do too much? Is that being "uncoachable?" Is that because "our offensive coaching staff doesnt put him in a position to succeed?" Is that because "he just isn't going to be the QB we need to succeed at the heighest level?" Is it because "Bo Pelini is a defensive coordinator that was given the keys to a big time program that he wasn't ready for?"

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a 20 year old kid showing immaturity. If I could speak to Taylor I would say keep the game simple. When it comes down to it the game is very simple. On the first INT, pick your favorite fan in the stands to throw it to. Punting is not the end of the world. On the second one (if Jamal catches the ball on 2nd and 18 we aren't even having this conversation), Kenny Bell would have been your read. On the third one, keep it simple. I know you saw Burkhead right in front of you. Throw it to him and we are in no worse of a situation than 2nd and 4. I like that down and distance a lot.

If he's showing immaturity, then whats going to flip the magic switch? What should Beck do, keep having him try to chuck the ball around the playground when it is clearly not his forte? He's better running the ball, than he is throwing the ball. Why is he trying to hit a home run, when he lofts the ball up giving the defense time to adjust? This might have worked against lesser secondary's, but Wisconsin's coverage guys are a hell of a lot better than Wyoming. He should be throwing shorter passes to minimize the chance of mistakes. I had friends watching the game with me last weekend, and all of them said that his throwing motion needs work.

There's a time to be immature, but then there's a time to learn from your mistakes, and pull your head out of your ass. When you keep making the same mistakes over and over, is that person unable to be coached? What happened to the kid who a couple games before last saturday, got everyone's hopes up, by making smart decisions, sliding, etc. He needs to learn that flipping the ball down field might yield great rewards, but also comes with consequences.

When you look at all three of TMart's INTs he was trying to hit a home run. He knows better than to throw across his body, he knows better than to throw into the coverage that he did on the second one, he knows better than to try to make the hardest throw out of the three ones he was given. Every QB makes mistakes when they try to force the football. Is it possible for a 20 year old qb to just think that he has to do too much? Is that being "uncoachable?" Is that because "our offensive coaching staff doesnt put him in a position to succeed?" Is that because "he just isn't going to be the QB we need to succeed at the heighest level?" Is it because "Bo Pelini is a defensive coordinator that was given the keys to a big time program that he wasn't ready for?"

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a 20 year old kid showing immaturity. If I could speak to Taylor I would say keep the game simple. When it comes down to it the game is very simple. On the first INT, pick your favorite fan in the stands to throw it to. Punting is not the end of the world. On the second one (if Jamal catches the ball on 2nd and 18 we aren't even having this conversation), Kenny Bell would have been your read. On the third one, keep it simple. I know you saw Burkhead right in front of you. Throw it to him and we are in no worse of a situation than 2nd and 4. I like that down and distance a lot.

If he's showing immaturity, then whats going to flip the magic switch? What should Beck do, keep having him try to chuck the ball around the playground when it is clearly not his forte? He's better running the ball, than he is throwing the ball. Why is he trying to hit a home run, when he lofts the ball up giving the defense time to adjust? This might have worked against lesser secondary's, but Wisconsin's coverage guys are a hell of a lot better than Wyoming. He should be throwing shorter passes to minimize the chance of mistakes. I had friends watching the game with me last weekend, and all of them said that his throwing motion needs work.

There's a time to be immature, but then there's a time to learn from your mistakes, and pull your head out of your ass. When you keep making the same mistakes over and over, is that person unable to be coached? What happened to the kid who a couple games before last saturday, got everyone's hopes up, by making smart decisions, sliding, etc. He needs to learn that flipping the ball down field might yield great rewards, but also comes with consequences.

The "magic switch" flips after a game like Saturday. When he makes enough mistakes that he gets in the film room and looks at what he should have done instead. For a growing QB that has been in a trial by fire role since day 1 as a starter, that is how you "grow up" and get better.

• 4 weeks later...