I Support Bo Pelini and Taylor Martinez

EZ-E

I am going to post this speech, because I believe that this is the type of attitude this program is lacking.

"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

"There is no room for second place. There is only one place in my game, and that's first place. I have finished second twice in my time at Green Bay, and I don't ever want to finish second again. There is a second place bowl game, but it is a game for losers played by losers. It is and always has been an American zeal to be first in anything we do, and to win, and to win, and to win.

"Every time a football player goes to play his trade he's got to play from the ground up — from the soles of his feet right up to his head. Every inch of him has to play. Some guys play with their heads. That's O.K. You've got to be smart to be number one in any business. But more importantly, you've got to play with your heart, with every fiber of your body. If you're lucky enough to find a guy with a lot of head and a lot of heart, he's never going to come off the field second.

"Running a football team is no different than running any other kind of organization — an army, a political party or a business. The principles are the same. The object is to win — to beat the other guy. Maybe that sounds hard or cruel. I don't think it is.

"It is a reality of life that men are competitive and the most competitive games draw the most competitive men. That's why they are there — to compete. To know the rules and objectives when they get in the game. The object is to win fairly, squarely, by the rules — but to win.

"And in truth, I've never known a man worth his salt who in the long run, deep down in his heart, didn't appreciate the grind, the discipline. There is something in good men that really yearns for discipline and the harsh reality of head to head combat.

"I don't say these things because I believe in the "brute" nature of man or that men must be brutalized to be combative. I believe in God, and I believe in human decency. But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle — victorious."

- V. Lombardi

No excuses, no whining...show me this kind of passion and this kind of attitude and you will have my support.

Wow.....pretty downright hard to beat that.

I agree 100%, but it may seriously be time to face the fact that this is as good as we could every be. College football has changed. Facilities, money and scholarships are equal, and programs are now more reliant on in state talent than ever, which is not good for Nebraska cuz frankly, we dont have any. It would be nice to get "over the hump" but I wish some would just sit back and enjoy that we are consistently as good as we are because it could be worse. We could be Colorado.

You disproved your own point by mentioning Colorado.

I support this team, just as much as the next guy.

But I cannot deny the fact there are times when I see T-mart do something and it just makes me just want to pull my hair out. He is going to be our QB, I understand that, but there has to be growth. He's got to make that jump to the next level, if we want to be a perennial contender for the conference and national championships. It's not only on him though. We need coaching on the offensive side of the ball to recognize the skills he posses and utilize those, instead of putting him in situations where his opportunity to fail increases exponentially.

And the offense isn't the only group that needs to step it up. The defense is equally culpable as their counterparts. Past couple of years we had a defense that could make up for where the offense was lacking, but somehow that defensive prowess, attitude, etc, has left the building.

I have no problem with Bo sticking up for his "guys". That's what a coach is supposed to do.

this is exactly the problem i have, right here, with TM.......either he is not being coached up or he is uncoachable.......he is putting the ball on the ground again and throwing pics and unable to make reads.......an exact replay of last season........so where the hell is even a little bit of incremental improvement?

later, rinse, repeat....for 2 more years?????????

But I cannot deny the fact there are times when I see T-mart do something and it just makes me just want to pull my hair out. He is going to be our QB, I understand that, but there has to be growth. He's got to make that jump to the next level, if we want to be a perennial contender for the conference and national championships. It's not only on him though. We need coaching on the offensive side of the ball to recognize the skills he posses and utilize those, instead of putting him in situations where his opportunity to fail increases exponentially.

And the offense isn't the only group that needs to step it up. The defense is equally culpable as their counterparts. Past couple of years we had a defense that could make up for where the offense was lacking, but somehow that defensive prowess, attitude, etc, has left the building.

I have no problem with Bo sticking up for his "guys". That's what a coach is supposed to do.

this is exactly the problem i have, right here, with TM.......either he is not being coached up or he is uncoachable.......he is putting the ball on the ground again and throwing pics and unable to make reads.......an exact replay of last season........so where the hell is even a little bit of incremental improvement?

Be careful, you're treading on the ground of not being a "true fan".

At this stage of the game, you've got to come to the realization that either you can handle the pressure when you are put into difficult situations where your team depends on you, or you can't. Beck has to realize this as well, and make more sound offensive decisions and stop looking like Watson at critical points during a ball game. We are also only talking about half of the problem, and not even going into the other issues facing this team.

Well said, EZ. And stick around. We could use some more Bo love :)

Also, I'll jump in and say this: Bo may not react the best against what he perceives as threats to his team. If he starts seeing the media and even fans as such...the least we fans can do, in my opinion, is show even more support for the program. We are supposed to be the classiest fans in America. We laugh at the fairweather fans of other teams. But you know, every time there's even a hint of something going south during a game, I see some of the ugliest vitriol coming out and being flung at players left and right. In 2007, the hate directed towards Coach Cosgrove and others was way, way, way over the top.

Absolutely, discuss and criticize. But stop the outpouring of hate. It's madness!

174885_188449897872722_922524_n.jpg

Bravo good sir, bravo.

Over 6700 posts and 44 likes, wonder why? Most of us have said the same thing either the day of the game or day after. I cant deny it, ive said the same things but i was sitting in Camp Randall watching my team give up. Most of us let it go, and get ready to support our team the next week, waiting to see our talent grow, and itching to see how much we have improved. But here it is friday and you just cant let it go can you? Same crap every single day. He had a bad game, get off his back, this was supposed to be a positive thread, but you just couldnt help bringing your negativity in here could you?

Losing is unacceptable, but it takes a high caliber team [with a little luck] to pull off an undefeated season. This is [not undefeated] a reality that 116-maybe 117 or 118 teams face during their season; there will come a game in the season where they will lose. The players won't do something right, or the coaches will call a bad game, or the refs will officiate incorrectly. Point is, almost every single team in the nation will lose. Almost every single team in the nation will have the feeling of, "Man, if only so and so would've done better...or if only we ran the ball more...or if only we didn't have 14 penalties"

Do those teams throw away the season after losing one game? The vitriol I've seen thrown at Bo and Taylor is obscene. These guys are our own. They [the players and coaches] are the reason we can realistically expect to win 10 games a season. To throw them under the bus after one game, a performance that a MAJORITY of teams have EVERY season is complete bullsh#t. I'm almost, almost ashamed to be in the same group [Husker fans] as some of these guys who are so willing to throw Bo & Co under the bus at the slightest misstep.

Come to reality, losing happens, it should never be acceptable; but when it does occur [and it most of the time WILL occur] people need to take a step back and look at what these guys have done for this program and be thankful that we have them.

Great Post Bye Bye....puts it into perspective that most teams lose and it is never fun, but to give up and become negative only makes it worse to overcome. I HATE losing, but being a coach, learn to accept it as part of life and as a way to get better, and sometimes it takes more time than most of us are willing to allow.

I have faith that things will corrected as a whole over the course of the season, our boys got their arses handed to them and it hurt to watch it go down like it did. I felt all along that there were going to be growing pains in the event of losing all of the talent and coaching changes. I feel that last Saturday just showed the inexperience of both the players

and coaches, but it isn't the end of the world nor the season, still have a lot to play for starting with getting a solid victory against tOSU. I'm trying not to get caught up with all the unnecessary emphasis that was placed on last weeks game, felt it was more for pride than anything, it has been hard on my ego as I'm sure it has been for many others have been damage. I'm ready like everyone else to be relevant on a national stage very much that it hurts. Let's cheer our guys on tomorrow and look for some form of growth. GBR

Be careful, you're treading on the ground of not being a "true fan".

At this stage of the game, you've got to come to the realization that either you can handle the pressure when you are put into difficult situations where your team depends on you, or you can't. Beck has to realize this as well, and make more sound offensive decisions and stop looking like Watson at critical points during a ball game. We are also only talking about half of the problem, and not even going into the other issues facing this team.

When you look at all three of TMart's INTs he was trying to hit a home run. He knows better than to throw across his body, he knows better than to throw into the coverage that he did on the second one, he knows better than to try to make the hardest throw out of the three ones he was given. Every QB makes mistakes when they try to force the football. Is it possible for a 20 year old qb to just think that he has to do too much? Is that being "uncoachable?" Is that because "our offensive coaching staff doesnt put him in a position to succeed?" Is that because "he just isn't going to be the QB we need to succeed at the heighest level?" Is it because "Bo Pelini is a defensive coordinator that was given the keys to a big time program that he wasn't ready for?"

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a 20 year old kid showing immaturity. If I could speak to Taylor I would say keep the game simple. When it comes down to it the game is very simple. On the first INT, pick your favorite fan in the stands to throw it to. Punting is not the end of the world. On the second one (if Jamal catches the ball on 2nd and 18 we aren't even having this conversation), Kenny Bell would have been your read. On the third one, keep it simple. I know you saw Burkhead right in front of you. Throw it to him and we are in no worse of a situation than 2nd and 4. I like that down and distance a lot.