Blake

I don't know how friendly they are, but why would you leave one school and take the same position at another school? I can understand if he were going to be the D Coordinator or a higher position, but why make a lateral move? I guess I don't see a benefit for Blake in making the move. Maybe I'm missing something.

Its not going to happen for one great reason. Blake makes over 200,000 a year here with incentives and is the highest paid non coordinator assistant. No one on Miami's staff with the exception of their defensive coordinator makes that much, and I cant forsee a man giving up more money for a lateral move. They are still only looking at him as a d line coach. No way that happens.

For Coker to bring up these rumors during the season is COMPLETELY disrespectful to the NU program. Not only does it hurt us with recruiting, it causes distractions in the media and with the players wondering if their coach would be leaving. I guess it just gives me more incentive to hate Miami.

Coker needed to wait until after the season and pursue this. He could've promoted in-house and finished this season and not cause turmoil in someone elses locker room with these distractions.

So here's to you Coach Coker, a big F U!

For Coker to bring up these rumors during the season is COMPLETELY disrespectful to the NU program. Not only does it hurt us with recruiting, it causes distractions in the media and with the players wondering if their coach would be leaving. I guess it just gives me more incentive to hate Miami.

Coker needed to wait until after the season and pursue this. He could've promoted in-house and finished this season and not cause turmoil in someone elses locker room with these distractions.

I second that. Heres a double F U. That is very disrespectful.

I second that. Heres a double F U. That is very disrespectful.

Well put. Lurch will have to find his own.

Blake has released a statement to the effect that he has not been contacted by anyone at UM and is not interested in any position there. He is here to build a national championship team here and his family will be at Nebraska as long as they will have him. He is busy preparing the team for Missouri.

Too bad media has to bring this out in mid season. It does worry me a little about recruiting efforts. Just can't imagine Blake leaving this soon. Don't bet on it. cause I bet Callahan will do anything to keep him on board. The team has seen so many changes with the coaching staff last couple of years. I agree I can't see Blake doing a lateral move. There is no place like Lincoln to raise family and to be well known. In Miami he wouldn't be known. Why leave on something that is going to be great and already is great; the new facilities endless possibilities we as a husker nation are going to embark on. We are pretty special. we are family us HUSKER FANS its home. :horns2:horns2

Earlier on Thursday CaneSport.com reported that Nebraska defensive line coach John Blake has emerged as the leading candidate to replace former Miami defensive line coach Greg Mark. Following Thursday’s practice, Blake released a statement that said he has no interest in the opening in Coral Gables.

nebraska.rivals.com