How stubborn will Pelini be?

I am thinking back to the 1997 Central Florida game when Frost was booed. Osborne was very publicly upset with the fans. I felt that during the Washington game the next week, that Osborne tried to "feature" Frost for the pupose of silencing the critics.

Will Pelini do the same? Will Pelini/Beck try to feature Martinez even more to silence his critics? Or will they try to put Martinez in "game management" mode like he was successful in earlier this year? If they push Martinez even more to make plays, will they be willing to sit him (even for a series or two) if things don't work out?

Pelini seems to me to be a very stubborn individual. Some stubborness is good in a head coach, as I am sure all the good ones have some, and it keeps them from making rash decisions. Is Pelini TOO stubborn though? When he was publicly (should have been privately) reprimanded after the TAMU game last year, I thought he went too far the other way for the rest of the schedule. Almost as if to say, "I will show them", he became passive on the sidelines instead of just toning it down a notch and retaining some of that passion that most Husker fans love. Which way will he go this time?

Stay tuned I guess.

For the record, I would love to see Martinez rush for 100 and throw for 250 with a few scores.

Stubborn? IMO It won't be Bo on that one it will be Beck on the play calling. I hope it will be more of a run game, smash mouth football. Maybe less option to the short side of the field.

I look for Taylor to do more short yardage plays, play action, and then a few long bombs later. I see him trying to put the offense on his shoulders, to silence his critics.

Stubborn? IMO It won't be Bo on that one it will be Beck on the play calling. I hope it will be more of a run game, smash mouth football. Maybe less option to the short side of the field.

I look for Taylor to do more short yardage plays, play action, and then a few long bombs later. I see him trying to put the offense on his shoulders, to silence his critics.

Do you really want to see him put more on his shoulders or use the weapons he has available to him? If he tries to do more, unless he has great success, the critics will become even louder.

Do you really want to see him put more on his shoulders or use the weapons he has available to him? If he tries to do more, unless he has great success, the critics will become even louder.

That's the biggest demon that Taylor seems to have. He wants to do too much by himself, and it makes him impatient sometimes.

I don't know what I expect to see, but what I hope to see is this -

Martinez comes and plays cool, calm and collected. He needs to remember that harsh criticism is often expounded upon more-so than praise. A lot of people, maybe even most, still support Martinez and the coaching staff. We support them when they're winning, and we need to support them when they lose to a certain extent.

Furthermore, I hope Beck calls a game plan that truly plays to Martinez' strengths. This means not throwing 13 of 15 passes to end a quarter, getting the ball to playmakers on the perimeter like Bell and Turner, and using the plethora of talent we have in the backfield to alleviate pressure on Martinez.

I'm hoping for Martinez to throw no more than 15 times tomorrow, for Burkhead to get at least 20 designed carries, and for the freshman backs to split at least 10. That's 55 plays right there not including throwing in some option plays.

Heck no!!! But that seems to be his M.O. and that's when bad things happen when he forgets that he has a lot of other play makers who can share the load and make the offense diverse.

I think if the coaching staff cared about the perception of Taylor, they would never have him pass the ball. Even if he completes 100% of his passes people will still say, "What is that throwing motion?!" Maybe if they keep it on the ground and have Rex throw it whenever they call a pass play, people will forget how T-Mart throws the ball and begin to love him...