Transformers

Does anyone understand Transformers?

I've spent the weekend trying to understand the many plot lines and backstories that make up this franchise after I watched the second film on FX Friday night. What the heck is going on in these movies?...superpowerful robots from another planet come to Earth to fight over some kind of crystal but they turn into things to prevent people from finding out what they are yet everyone seems to know they exist?

I've watched a couple of the original episodes on youtube and read about it on wiki and I still don't get it. I don't understand the story and furthermore I don't understand its popularity. Whats the deal?

:hookerhorns

Does anyone understand Transformers?

I've spent the weekend trying to understand the many plot lines and backstories that make up this franchise after I watched the second film on FX Friday night. What the heck is going on in these movies?...superpowerful robots from another planet come to Earth to fight over some kind of crystal but they turn into things to prevent people from finding out what they are yet everyone seems to know they exist?

I've watched a couple of the original episodes on youtube and read about it on wiki and I still don't get it. I don't understand the story and furthermore I don't understand its popularity. Whats the deal?

:hookerhorns

The show was created by the Japanese. Our tiny American minds will never understand.

Wait you're seriously wasting time analyzing the plot of a movie made by Hollywood's resident hackmiester Micheal Bay? You silly silly man! :rollin

Not that Michael Bay isn't a walking corpse of a director, he is, but in his defense, you can only do so much with the backstory you're given, and the pre-existing knowledge and mythos of Transformers can't do you many favors.