The Big Question from Saturday that nobody is asking

knapplc

I did not even see any F-18's flying around this weekend, must of just missed them. My cousin was in town and is an A-10 pilot so I asked him on Friday why they were here and he said the only reason would be for the flyover. I am glad they used the hogs though because there is only 2 bases in America that have A-10 programs so not very many people get a chance to see them. Flyovers are cool no matter what, except for the horrible timing this time.......

Did they have the eye/teeth motif on the nose?

Im not 100% sure if this is right but I think that every A-10 has that on it.....I havent really seen one without it so I am guessing so.

Those planes are flying tanks....

I think the nose art is unit or squadron specific. Not all the A-10's have them. When they fire their gatling gun (the GAU-8) the aircraft actually slows from the recoil. They designed the aircraft around that weapon and it is amazing to actually see it used in real life.

When they fire their gatling gun (the GAU-8) the aircraft actually slows from the recoil. They designed the aircraft around that weapon and it is amazing to actually see it used in real life.

Yeah, that weapon is pretty awesome. I've never been lucky enough to see one used live, though.