Hard to let go.

Fabulous story OKC, thanks for sharing that with us!

It's a strange thing when one's children's abilities exceed their own. I experienced a similar thing with my daughter and her music. When she brought home pieces I couldn't sight read myself, and had to tell her I couldn't help her with them, it was a mixture of sadness and joy that's since resolved to a sort of warm happy pride.

You boy's a lucky kid to have a Father so dedicated to him. You should be proud of both him and yourself.

Great story OKC,

My son starts a sheriff's academy in two weeks. Seems like not long ago we played catch in the backyard. Now instead of worrying about him catching a fly ball or throwing a good spiral I have to worry about if I taught him enough common sense. I think parents never really let go they just resign themselves to the sidelines as observers. Not an easy task ever.

Good Luck

:cheers

Congrats to you Rawhide. You must be very proud of your son . I am realising that it isn't the end . Just a different situation. One thing is for sure though. They grow up so fast. A little advice to all who have young ones. Cherish every day. When you have had a bad day, and you don't have the time to spend with them. Make the time. Before long the hour glass starts to run out and they go to college or get married, you don't want to wonder what if.

• 1 year later...

I have a 13 year old son named Jake. I was watching him play fall baseball last Sunday . He pitched a beautiful game 5 1/3 i.p. 7 strike outs 1 walk. It was the last game of the fall season.

He has been playing since he was 3 yrs old. I remember teaching him to watch the ball all the way to his glove. It was a moment of great pride when he caught that first ball.

Now he has played his last little league game. It didnt hit me until we were on our way home from the ballpark.10 years of teaching and learning and now it was time to let go as he is entering into prep ball.

I hope that every Father can feel the level of pride that I have knowing that he has acomplished everything that he set out to. But as I mentioned in the title,it is very hard to let go.

Sorry to drag up the old topic. I am extremely nervous tonight as my son who is now 15 is a freshman in high school.

Tomorrow he plays his first high school game. That is enough to make me antsy. The kicker is that he made the varsity team starting third base. That in blows me away considering they play 6A ball, That is the toughest conference in Okla.

Man I hope he can keep up with the big boys.

Sorry to drag up the old topic. I am extremely nervous tonight as my son who is now 15 is a freshman in high school.

Tomorrow he plays his first high school game. That is enough to make me antsy. The kicker is that he made the varsity team starting third base. That in blows me away considering they play 6A ball, That is the toughest conference in Okla.

Man I hope he can keep up with the big boys.

What school is he playing at? I played 5A baseball in OK and it is very hard to play as a freshman in big schools down here so that is really good. Tell him good luck with his season

Tear............... :bonez I remember me and my dad playing catch one time and it was a nice autumn day. We were having one of those father son moments and I remember thinking "I have the best dad in the wo............OUCH WHAT THE f#*k WAS THAT!!!" Zoned out and caught the ball right in the nuts!!!! Great moment.......... :thumbs

I have a 13 year old son named Jake. I was watching him play fall baseball last Sunday . He pitched a beautiful game 5 1/3 i.p. 7 strike outs 1 walk. It was the last game of the fall season.

He has been playing since he was 3 yrs old. I remember teaching him to watch the ball all the way to his glove. It was a moment of great pride when he caught that first ball.

Now he has played his last little league game. It didnt hit me until we were on our way home from the ballpark.10 years of teaching and learning and now it was time to let go as he is entering into prep ball.

I hope that every Father can feel the level of pride that I have knowing that he has acomplished everything that he set out to. But as I mentioned in the title,it is very hard to let go.

just remember all of the fond memories with your son, especially when he makes to the pros and is the MVP of the World Series. He gets interviewed and he says "Thanks for everything...........MOM"

just remember all of the fond memories with your son, especially when he makes to the pros and is the MVP of the World Series. He gets interviewed and he says "Thanks for everything...........MOM"

:clap:clap:clap

• 3 months later...

My son was put on JV The varsity starter was hurt and recovered.

In Jv He is hitting 670 to my calculations. Playing a stellar third base.

Best of all he has pitched 10 innings. 2 earned runs 2wins 0 lossses struck out 11.

I absolutely love going and watching him play and excel knowing that everything we did since he was 3 is paying off for him.

Mom deserves some love too. We would drive 5 to 7 days a week for him to play from when he was 6 until he was 13. Thank god for School ball.