Hard to let go.

I have a 13 year old son named Jake. I was watching him play fall baseball last Sunday . He pitched a beautiful game 5 1/3 i.p. 7 strike outs 1 walk. It was the last game of the fall season.

He has been playing since he was 3 yrs old. I remember teaching him to watch the ball all the way to his glove. It was a moment of great pride when he caught that first ball.

Now he has played his last little league game. It didnt hit me until we were on our way home from the ballpark.10 years of teaching and learning and now it was time to let go as he is entering into prep ball.

I hope that every Father can feel the level of pride that I have knowing that he has acomplished everything that he set out to. But as I mentioned in the title,it is very hard to let go.

I can't wait to experience that someday. I'm sure my dad went through something similar with my brother and I, although he never said anything to us about it. He taught us a lot about both basketball and baseball growing up and he coached our basketball teams when we were younger. It probably makes it easier since we have a younger sister, and he helps her out with her soccer now.

I would like to take this opportunity to point out that those of you who do take the time to help your son learn to bat, catch, pitch, and so forth, are building wonderful memories. And who knows? Perhaps one day he will be drafted.

And if so, you need to remember he will need an attorney to look over the contract. For a resonable fee, of course...

I would like to take this opportunity to point out that those of you who do take the time to help your son learn to bat, catch, pitch, and so forth, are building wonderful memories. And who knows? Perhaps one day he will be drafted.

And if so, you need to remember he will need an attorney to look over the contract. For a resonable fee, of course...

I would be happy beyond belief if he can get a good education. ;)

I would like to take this opportunity to point out that those of you who do take the time to help your son learn to bat, catch, pitch, and so forth, are building wonderful memories.  And who knows?  Perhaps one day he will be drafted.

And if so, you need to remember he will need an attorney to look over the contract.  For a resonable fee, of course...

Tut, tut, tut! Be encouraging! Reach for the stars! Think big! Think of my fee!!!!!!

I would like to take this opportunity to point out that those of you who do take the time to help your son learn to bat, catch, pitch, and so forth, are building wonderful memories.  And who knows?  Perhaps one day he will be drafted.

And if so, you need to remember he will need an attorney to look over the contract.  For a resonable fee, of course...

Tut, tut, tut! Be encouraging! Reach for the stars! Think big! Think of my fee!!!!!!

:rollin:rollin:rollin . Thanks AR.

:rollin:rollin:rollin . Thanks AR.

No problem. That's be $150.00 for the consultation... ;)

I have a 13 year old son named Jake. I was watching him play fall baseball last Sunday . He pitched a beautiful game 5 1/3 i.p. 7 strike outs 1 walk. It was the last game of the fall season.

He has been playing since he was 3 yrs old. I remember teaching him to watch the ball all the way to his glove. It was a moment of great pride when he caught that first ball.

Now he has played his last little league game. It didnt hit me until we were on our way home from the ballpark.10 years of teaching and learning and now it was time to let go as he is entering into prep ball.

I hope that every Father can feel the level of pride that I have knowing that he has acomplished everything that he set out to. But as I mentioned in the title,it is very hard to let go.

Congrats OKC, thats a real nice story. You have good reason to be proud. I'll never forget the time my Dad spent with me growing up, and am very grateful for it.

And just ignore the resident ambulance chaser - I still havent paid any of my so called "legal dues", yet continue to get serv...ed. hmmm, maybe I should contact a non "internet-special" law-yer <_<

Thanks Blackshirt. Hopefully someday I will see him in a Husker Uni. (Excuse me while I wipe the tear). And Ar Husker, you keep in touch , he is almost in high school . :thumbs It pays to put the time and effort into your children just to know that you are putting a good hearted ,respectful individual into the world.

HSKRNOKC: Enjoy every minute of it. Our boys played football, baseball, and wrestled. Wouldn't trade a minute of it for anything. As parents, we are so proud of our kids, no matter what. I have so many memories, especially in wrestling. You "win" with them, and you "lose" with them! You're there for them no matter what. You sound like a great Dad and mentor! You still have some time left. My boys are grown up and my oldest son actually helps coach varsity wrestling at his high school. Couldn't be a prouder Mom!