Hard to let go.

My son was put on JV The varsity starter was hurt and recovered.

In Jv He is hitting 670 to my calculations. Playing a stellar third base.

Best of all he has pitched 10 innings. 2 earned runs 2wins 0 lossses struck out 11.

I absolutely love going and watching him play and excel knowing that everything we did since he was 3 is paying off for him.

get his highlight video started. NU is still looking for the next Alex Gordon

Btw how in the hell will I handle it if (im gonna puke) Ou wants him and is the best offer? Cant blame the guy for taking it but DAMN!

go set fire to your sack hair for even uttering those blasphamious (sp) words

Seeing how I am follicly challenged, I better keep all existing hair. :)

Btw how in the hell will I handle it if (im gonna puke) Ou wants him and is the best offer? Cant blame the guy for taking it but DAMN!

on your nut sack?????????

on your nut sack?????????

:hmmph:hmmph;)

It has been raining here off and on so much he hasnt got to play for a couple weeks.

• 1 year later...

has he been getting looks? Does he play legion or travel ball in the late summer or fall? That is a great way to get to scouts. If he isnt at this point talk to his vasity coach and see what help he can offer with colleges. Even if he isnt D-1 material right off the bat, there are some great D-2 programs in your neck of the woods and back north. Central Missouri & UNO.

My brother played summer ball for years and his USSAA team was the reason he got so many looks. Unfortunatly for him he shattered his shoulder and coller bone when diving for a ball in right field right before his senior year. That basically ended his baseball career.

First off congrats to your son, and to you, for helping him grow into, what not only sounds like an exceptional baseball player, but person as well. Your story here has inspired me even more. I have two sons right now and one in the "oven". I have been helping my oldest, now 4, with some fundamentals for a little over a year now. Seems like he may have some natural talent, of course that is going to be a biased opinion lol. But with three boys growing up, I have a small feeling that I will not be short on sporting events for quite some time, and it should be fun.

has he been getting looks? Does he play legion or travel ball in the late summer or fall? That is a great way to get to scouts. If he isnt at this point talk to his vasity coach and see what help he can offer with colleges. Even if he isnt D-1 material right off the bat, there are some great D-2 programs in your neck of the woods and back north. Central Missouri & UNO.

My brother played summer ball for years and his USSAA team was the reason he got so many looks. Unfortunatly for him he shattered his shoulder and coller bone when diving for a ball in right field right before his senior year. That basically ended his baseball career.

He plays summer ball every year and I know that the small christian colleges around here are all giving him a good look right now. He was buried a bit in the depth chart behind 7 seniors last season. He played utility and pitched 3rd in their rotation.

He will be their ace this season aswell as not sharing any time at third. When he was a soph he played without sharing time on the jv and hit around 400 with a couple of long balls. Alot bigger alot stronger...

He is poised to have a huge year.

First off congrats to your son, and to you, for helping him grow into, what not only sounds like an exceptional baseball player, but person as well. Your story here has inspired me even more. I have two sons right now and one in the "oven". I have been helping my oldest, now 4, with some fundamentals for a little over a year now. Seems like he may have some natural talent, of course that is going to be a biased opinion lol. But with three boys growing up, I have a small feeling that I will not be short on sporting events for quite some time, and it should be fun.

Congrats to you. I loved teaching my son. He started when he was 3 with pre tee ball not serious at all. By the time he was 7 he was tearing the cover off of the ball. Kept him out of trouble( Drugs and wrong people). If he can get 4 more years in the sun playing It would be very fulfilling.

I have a second son who is 5 on his second year of teeball and he has it too. :clap Shoots line drives and is real fast.

Enjoy it brother. Only get one chance..