We could have an unstoppable offense.

Elephant in the room ------ Martinez

It doesn't matter how many weapons we have nor does it matter how good our O-line blocks IF Martinez doesn't show up. If he plays the way he did vs tOSU, then our offense can and will score against any D in the country. But, we've all seen what happens when he pulls a Wiscy on us, and far be it from me to say he's past all that.

• Fire 1

It doesn't matter how many weapons we have nor does it matter how good our O-line blocks IF Martinez doesn't show up. If he plays the way he did vs tOSU, then our offense can and will score against any D in the country. But, we've all seen what happens when he pulls a Wiscy on us, and far be it from me to say he's past all that.

I feel that Martinez has shown reasonably steady improvement over his 1.5 years (injuries aside). He'll still make mistakes, just like everybody does, but as long as he learns from those mistakes and stays healthy, there's no reason to think he can't keep improving.

I feel that Martinez has shown reasonably steady improvement over his 1.5 years (injuries aside). He'll still make mistakes, just like everybody does, but as long as he learns from those mistakes and stays healthy, there's no reason to think he can't keep improving.

Agreed. And I'm much more apt to trust him after how vastly he improved last week. I think for the first time in his career the light really switched ON. His future is promising no doubt, but for the sake of this thread it's still worth stating that our offense can't do much without him at this point b/c he's such an integral part of the game plan.

I think that variable is far more the OC than Tmart.

You're forgetting about Enunwa, who is actually MORE talented than Bell and Turner.

More talented than Turner? Meh, we'll see there. He is definitely talented but Turner could be a great one for us...

Does Turner have more speed and "shake and bake?" Sure? But when you add Enunwa's size and physicality to his speed and athleticsm, he has more natural talent as a receiver.

Agree! However, I have NEVER been sold on him, even the games we won. Speed it the only real thing he brings to the table.

I too am excited about what I see developing in our offense. The play calling and adjustments are light years ahead of the past couple years and it seems to keep improving week by week this year. Unquestionably we have a ton of talent and potential in the skill positions- quarterback, recievers, and running backs. And the O-line appears to be getting better all the time. Having said that, I think it is very premature to refer to this offense as "unstoppable" or to say the verdict is in on Beck. What I have seen on the field is 4 games of mediocre offensive productivity and execution, 1 1/2 games I would totally like to forget and never see repeated ever again, and 1/2 a game of excellent play calling and execution against a good defense that I can't help but feel suffered from a lack of confidence in their replacement QB. Is the future bright? Yes it is. Have we arrived at that future yet? We'll have to wait and see.

Do you just mean Taylor in the bolded parts? Because I've seen pretty good offensive production in the first 4 games, the first quarter of the Wisconsin game, and the second half of tOSU game.

Agree! However, I have NEVER been sold on him, even the games we won. Speed it the only real thing he brings to the table.

Yeah, that and TDs.

We could go back to 2009 where we had a "real" qb. You'd be a happy camper then.

GBR!!

Yeah, that and TDs.

We could go back to 2009 where we had a "real" qb. You'd be a happy camper then.

GBR!!

Perhaps I would be. Chose to pull out the number of TD's, but left out the fumbles and INTs I see.

I don't want to make this into another TM thread, so lets just leave it that.

No offense is unstoppable, let's just make that clear right off the bat. I do agree that we are playing better offensively than we ever have under the Pelini regime.

I will be the first to admit that I stopped believing in Taylor after his Wisconsin performance, but he really did step up against tOSU. Although I still don't think he's the right man for the job, that's not the point of this thread.

I think Beck has done a good job this year (other than the lack of rushing during the Sconnie game) and our offensive line has played higher than most people expected them too.

Rex is a beast. Green, Heard and Abdullah have all the potential in the world and they all should get plenty of carries behind Rex and Taylor throughout the remaining 6 games.

I'm a huge fan of the Diamond formation. If Taylor can handle the complexity that goes into it, I think it will keep us in the games where the defense doesn't show up.

Turner and Bell continue to do good things despite their youth, and Enunwa maybe the offense's most improved player. If they can get the ball on a consistent basis (AKA: Can Taylor get it to them somewhat accurately?), then we will go far.

Legate continues to be underutilized in our offense despite his key blocks and tough running. If we don't do as much of the Diamond as I would like, I would at least like to see Tyler get some carries along with the Triplets, Taylor and Rex.

Bottom Line: The sky is the limit with our offense. I don't want to speak too soon, but we finally have a core of receivers that can make plays, and most importantly, catch the ball. Rex is running as well as he ever has. The Triplets have big play ability and Taylor seems to be developing as a passer (against a good defense for once). As long as Beck keeps the offense in rhythm and doesn't try anything too outrageous, then we can score 30+ on any defense left on our schedule.