Traditional Jerseys VS Unique Alternates

ESPY

Traditional VS Unique Alternates  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Unless its something that incorporates the black and doesnt look tacky or over the top, keep it traditional.

Where do you draw the line? Or what is over the top/tacky for you? I guess these questions could go for everyone interested. How do you Incorporate black or any other color?

as a third minor color- I.E. pinstripes, borders, strokes, accents

as a secondary color - more bold application like in pants striping, facemask color, etc

as a primary color - black jersey, black pants and/or black helmet

Obviously you can see my thoughts. I try to stay away from too crazy of designs as I am more inclined for traditional style but I do get into some new designs. Maryland had a fun concept but didn't work. Michigan state was interesting but IMO was not good, outside their identity. Oregon's looks are stretching it. Some work, some don't. I am really digging pretty much all of Arizona State's looks so far.

I voted traditional only, because I didn't like the alternatives. I don't want choice #2 at all. The Oregon approach is too much, and I like our uniforms the way they are too much to change over and over and over. But once per year, #3, is too much, too. Once every few years, or for a big game, I wouldn't mind seeing something different. I'm not so hide-bound that I don't EVER want to see something different. Just not all that often.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Yeah That K-Nap. Oregon and Michigan State unis suck.

T_O_B

G>B>R

Trying to remember what Oregon's unis used to look like when we were keeling them in the mid '70's..Seem to remember gold helmets and pants..white letter "O" on the helmet..white shirts with black nr maybe beige numbers...They needed the change(s).

My favs were when we had tear aways..We need some now for our Offensive Linemen.. :lol::leghump:

Why did the NCAA make us get rid of them?

Was doing a little messin around with the idea someone suggested: red top, black pants...I have one beef with it, lets see if anyone picks it up. Its not the black numerals. Those probably wouldn't fly for TV purposes without some pinstripe/stroke/shadow or just having them white but I liked the look so I went with it. I have an all black version but its late and I realized I got lazy and the striping on the pants is inverted on the jersey. Also, not my best work but still looks pretty cool.

If we show up in those, I'm going to listen to the game on radio.

The other ones don't look bad, but aren't us. I still don't think we should change our look. But I suppose it's inevitable, after TO steps down.

No one is talking about a complete change, but what is the harm in doing it once a year?

I just like having a consistent identify. I turn on a Georgia or Clemson game (just to name a couple), and wonder who the hell is playing. Not so with Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, UCLA, USC, Ohio St, etc. I do like the look of some of those combinations. On another team, like Georgia.

Start messing with the uniforms, and we've got no right to complain about Wisconsin stealing our look. They'll say that we gave it up, even if it's just for a game, and it's theirs now. Seriously.

That's how I see it, since you asked. I don't expect everyone to agree. The world won't end if we change things up for a game. If the players really want it, I guess, but it's the fans' team too. And yes, I see the preference among fans here, which is why I say it looks inevitable.

If this is the kind of thing that will attract a recruit, I wonder what kind of kid it is that makes that part of his decision. Probably the kind who will pack up his toys and go home if he's not where he thinks he should be on the depth chart by his 2nd year.

Throwbacks don't bother me nearly as much, though I never liked those curly numbers we had in the 60s. The old, old, unis? There's a reason we don't wear those anymore. They are butt ugly.

ohio st has nike pro combat jerseys once a year, and honestly who cares if wisconsin says " we gave it up" i mean thats a pretty lame reason to not wear an alternative/throwback once in a blue moon. and just because a recruit would think its cool to do something different every once in awhile does not mean that they will leave after a couple years if they arent where they thought they would be on the depth chart, bo isnt gonna recruit those kind of kids, he is still gonna recruit the same kind of kids, it might just help us swing one or two kids our way that was gonna commit somewhere else because he will have the chance do be apart of something special that has never been done at DoNU before

I want our old piece of crap jerseys that stopped at the belly.

nebsicover_1984_1001.jpg

jamel95.jpg

lawrence-phillips.jpg

+1

Those jerseys were IN during the 80's...they are only crap now

Those bottom two pics were of our national championship team in 1995. The Huskers wore the same type of Jersey for the `97 national championship. Then the NCAA started making rules about matching grey gloves (which they seem to have given up on) and that all jerseys have to be tucked in. I always thought that part of the swagger of the `90's Huskers championship teams was the look. It may not have been a big part...but still part of it. The NCAA should worry more about teaching the refs how to call holding and stop worrying about being the uniform Nazis. It pisses me off that a bunch of NCAA a-holes should decide how all college unis should look.

Those bottom two pics were of our national championship team in 1995. The Huskers wore the same type of Jersey for the `97 national championship. Then the NCAA started making rules about matching grey gloves (which they seem to have given up on) and that all jerseys have to be tucked in. I always thought that part of the swagger of the `90's Huskers championship teams was the look. It may not have been a big part...but still part of it. The NCAA should worry more about teaching the refs how to call holding and stop worrying about being the uniform Nazis. It pisses me off that a bunch of NCAA a-holes should decide how all college unis should look.

The swagger of those teams was due to a rugged defense and an offense that would pound you down and then run over and around you. The look had nothing to do with it other than the fact that the red meant we were the Big Red and matched the sea of red in the stadium.