Traditional Jerseys VS Unique Alternates

ESPY

Traditional VS Unique Alternates  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Was doing a little messin around with the idea someone suggested: red top, black pants...I have one beef with it, lets see if anyone picks it up. Its not the black numerals. Those probably wouldn't fly for TV purposes without some pinstripe/stroke/shadow or just having them white but I liked the look so I went with it. I have an all black version but its late and I realized I got lazy and the striping on the pants is inverted on the jersey. Also, not my best work but still looks pretty cool.

6265729722_e0d64317b2_z.jpg

Are you talking about the red looking to dark cause of the black?

Nope. I actually revealed it in the following sentence. The striping is different on the jersey, than on the pants. It is usually the same or relatively close but with three colors it can get messy trying to figure out which stripes should be which colors and if not done right can make it a very disjointed look, as you can see below. So while i think it is a good look, the difference in stripes is bothersome to me.

Was doing a little messin around with the idea someone suggested: red top, black pants...I have one beef with it, lets see if anyone picks it up. Its not the black numerals. Those probably wouldn't fly for TV purposes without some pinstripe/stroke/shadow or just having them white but I liked the look so I went with it. I have an all black version but its late and I realized I got lazy and the striping on the pants is inverted on the jersey. Also, not my best work but still looks pretty cool.

You might as well start working on all the other possible combinations cuz you know people are going to be asking about it! :lol:

You got some nice editing skills btw! :thumbs

Thanks. Funny you mention the other combos....here is the all black. Don't get too down on me over this one. I am self taught with my editing and because of that was having some issues getting the colors right and over looked things like shading on the numbers and matching striping. I will fix it at some point but I gotta read up on how to fix it.

6265239329_99f0c2ce3f.jpg

The Black really looks awesome with the Red and White! Oooooooh Me Likey!!!

If we show up in those, I'm going to listen to the game on radio.

The other ones don't look bad, but aren't us. I still don't think we should change our look. But I suppose it's inevitable, after TO steps down.

The other ones don't look bad, but aren't us. I still don't think we should change our look. But I suppose it's inevitable, after TO steps down.

No one is talking about a complete change, but what is the harm in doing it once a year?

No one is talking about a complete change, but what is the harm in doing it once a year?

I just like having a consistent identify. I turn on a Georgia or Clemson game (just to name a couple), and wonder who the hell is playing. Not so with Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, UCLA, USC, Ohio St, etc. I do like the look of some of those combinations. On another team, like Georgia.

Start messing with the uniforms, and we've got no right to complain about Wisconsin stealing our look. They'll say that we gave it up, even if it's just for a game, and it's theirs now. Seriously.

That's how I see it, since you asked. I don't expect everyone to agree. The world won't end if we change things up for a game. If the players really want it, I guess, but it's the fans' team too. And yes, I see the preference among fans here, which is why I say it looks inevitable.

If this is the kind of thing that will attract a recruit, I wonder what kind of kid it is that makes that part of his decision. Probably the kind who will pack up his toys and go home if he's not where he thinks he should be on the depth chart by his 2nd year.

Throwbacks don't bother me nearly as much, though I never liked those curly numbers we had in the 60s. The old, old, unis? There's a reason we don't wear those anymore. They are butt ugly.

• Fire 1

I just like having a consistent identify. I turn on a Georgia or Clemson game (just to name a couple), and wonder who the hell is playing. Not so with Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, UCLA, USC, Ohio St, etc. I do like the look of some of those combinations. On another team, like Georgia.

Start messing with the uniforms, and we've got no right to complain about Wisconsin stealing our look. They'll say that we gave it up, even if it's just for a game, and it's theirs now. Seriously.

That's how I see it, since you asked. I don't expect everyone to agree. The world won't end if we change things up for a game. If the players really want it, I guess, but it's the fans' team too. And yes, I see the preference among fans here, which is why I say it looks inevitable.

If this is the kind of thing that will attract a recruit, I wonder what kind of kid it is that makes that part of his decision. Probably the kind who will pack up his toys and go home if he's not where he thinks he should be on the depth chart by his 2nd year.

Throwbacks don't bother me nearly as much, though I never liked those curly numbers we had in the 60s. The old, old, unis? There's a reason we don't wear those anymore. They are butt ugly.

I actually mostly agree with you even though I have been spitting out all these different images. Although I do like a nice new contemporary design once in a while. Just not Oregon-like every game.

Maybe its just me, but teams that change their uniforms every game either have no identity or they are schizos. I suppose that Oregon's constant new uniforms don't ruin their identity because they never really had a football identity in the first place.

I voted for tradition all the time, BECAUSE the missing choice was "throwback every couple of years for special games", which I would approve of. Instead the poll choices always had "alternative / throwback". I despise the alternative uniforms .... most recently Maryland and Mich St (against Mich).