ESPN's B1G blog is awful

In general, ESPN represents everything that is wrong with college football (and most sports, for that matter). I made a conscious decision to largely ignore them when they were blasting the Huskers from every conceivable angle in the mid-90s. I don't watch Sportscenter, I don't watch any of their other programming, I even stopped listening to Mike & Mike a year or so ago.

If you don't like what ESPN produces, don't consume their products. Don't consume their news, don't read their blogs, don't buy their dumb magazine, etc.

I'm pretty darned well informed about college football and this team in particular, and I almost never use ESPN for just about anything. They're the middle-man. Cut out the middle-man and you'll be surprised how much you still get out of the sports you love.

those two statements probably necessarily follow each other.

espn does represent everything that is wrong with sports, and they at fault for most of it. they used to want to present sports, now they want to own sports.

Agreed. ESPN is no different than MSNBC or Fox News, only ESPN is a bigger fish in a smaller pond.

In general, ESPN represents everything that is wrong with college football (and most sports, for that matter). I made a conscious decision to largely ignore them when they were blasting the Huskers from every conceivable angle in the mid-90s. I don't watch Sportscenter, I don't watch any of their other programming, I even stopped listening to Mike & Mike a year or so ago.

If you don't like what ESPN produces, don't consume their products. Don't consume their news, don't read their blogs, don't buy their dumb magazine, etc.

I'm pretty darned well informed about college football and this team in particular, and I almost never use ESPN for just about anything. They're the middle-man. Cut out the middle-man and you'll be surprised how much you still get out of the sports you love.

those two statements probably necessarily follow each other.

espn does represent everything that is wrong with sports, and they at fault for most of it. they used to want to present sports, now they want to own sports.

Agreed. ESPN is no different than MSNBC or Fox News, only ESPN is a bigger fish in a smaller pond.

absolutely. espn has such a tight and controlled narrative. they had such a monopoly, but with nbatv, btn, mlbtv, nfl channel, that grip will loosen.

If rb's were knives, some might label Ball as a quality skinning knife, while others might liken Rex to a Swiss army knife. If all you're going to use it for is caping and nothing else, you might pick Ball (arguably). However, if I'm going to carry one and go to war with it, I'll take Rex, hands down. The guy does it all--right down to running the offense when he's called upon. I love that guy.

• Fire 1

If rb's were knives, some might label Ball as a quality skinning knife, while others might liken Rex to a Swiss army knife. If all you're going to use it for is caping and nothing else, you might pick Ball (arguably). However, if I'm going to carry one and go to war with it, I'll take Rex, hands down. The guy does it all--right down to running the offense when he's called upon. I love that guy.

Haha. Great analogy.