Happy to have Nebraska in the Big 10

Appreciate the love Sparty. I expected MSU to be a big game, but with your big win vs WISCY it got even bigger. It is strange and different in the B1G, but very exciting.

NU beats MSU by 3td's. Thank you very much. :leghump:

Holy Crap!!

QUICK!!!! What's the winning lottery numbers......................say it........................*crys* SAY IT!!!!

has anybody noticed that every fanbase that has come on here has demonstrated a pretty damn polite attitude? That is a far cry from when we had all those missouri,kansas,kstate trolls come on here to rile everybody up. kinda nice.

I have two reasons to not like Nebraka. One is MSU's fault (ugh, 0-5 against you and none of the games have been close) and the other is Nebraska's fault (voted out of the AAU.. come on guys, you have to get back in that as a Big Ten school).

But otherwise I am happy to have Nebraska aboard. Your fans are very nice and knowledgeable, and I hope we can have some competitive games now that MSU has awoken from decades of slumbering.

The AAU has been trying to kick us out for a looong time, and finally, thanks to a Big Ten school and a former Big Ten president, they got the two votes they needed to do it. Since it's based on only certain types of grant money and certain awards, we don't technically qualify. They don't count USDA agricultural grants and they don't count research done in med schools. Once you cut those out of our grants and research, that disqualifies us from AAU membership.

However, I'm not entirely sure what it means to be a member other than that you can say that you're a member. It's neat that we were in it (since the beginning, I think) and sort of sucks to be booted out, but, again, not sure what it actually means. It's a private organization, the Uni presidents get together, have dinner, and we don't get to know what goes on in the meetings. So what did we lose? We don't actually know.