The Offense is Getting Much Better Under Beck and Co.

Not sure if anyone agrees with me, but I'd credit Beck with finding the type of offense that works best for Martinez. Aside from a zone read that eventually got shut down last year, Watson wasn't able to do a whole lot with Martinez IMO. Part of this is Martinez' maturity I realize, but I think a big part of it is designing an offense calling plays tailored to Taylor and all the talent we have. Kudos to Beck so far.

I missed last weeks game so have no real knowledge of that. But it was another team of less talent and less depth than Nebraska. We seem to do okay agains that level of a team, most of the time.

Our offense did not look good against Wisconsin, to date the only ranked team we have played. Ohio State had our number until they figured they were going to lose anyway.

Still not in the least impressed with Beck. Beat the Spartans soundly with offensive fire power, then I will say we are on the right road, even though they are playing their third tough game in a row.

Most of the game with Ohio State, most felt he was not the answer, or as I remember the comments made before David stole the ball.

Hopefully as some have stated the lights came on for the offense, I honestly have my doubts, but hope is eternal.

If we lose this weekend, will we still be on the right course, only time will tell.

I think we beat Michigan State, as it is a lot to ask of a team to be able to win three very tough games in row.

Still a lot of football to be played with the toughest part of our schedule beginning this weekend. We better hope all the sunshine pumpers are spot on on this one, or we could go from world beaters to toilet cleaners very quickly.

I missed last weeks game so have no real knowledge of that. But it was another team of less talent and less depth than Nebraska. We seem to do okay agains that level of a team, most of the time.

Our offense did not look good against Wisconsin, to date the only ranked team we have played. Ohio State had our number until they figured they were going to lose anyway.

Still not in the least impressed with Beck. Beat the Spartans soundly with offensive fire power, then I will say we are on the right road, even though they are playing their third tough game in a row.

Most of the game with Ohio State, most felt he was not the answer, or as I remember the comments made before David stole the ball.

Hopefully as some have stated the lights came on for the offense, I honestly have my doubts, but hope is eternal.

If we lose this weekend, will we still be on the right course, only time will tell.

I think we beat Michigan State, as it is a lot to ask of a team to be able to win three very tough games in row.

Still a lot of football to be played with the toughest part of our schedule beginning this weekend. We better hope all the sunshine pumpers are spot on on this one, or we could go from world beaters to toilet cleaners very quickly.

Wtf??

Teams that have everything go against them get that mind set. We steal the ball, Their main offensive weapon goes down, and as everything that has befallen OSU this year. The win attitude goes away.

Try understanding what true athletes do and feel. It is a normal situation. The wheels came off their game. It happens many times a year.

WTF!

• Fire 1

Just as this week, the talking heads feel Nebraska wins, not because Nebraska is better, but Michigan State has been up too much and can not reach the level of excitement/commitment to win.

Who knows.

I am not saying it was not a great come back, but we had our fair share of help from OSU and their mindset.

imo watson never mixed it up, it was always run left, right, up the middle and then henery punt the ball 70 yards and hope the defense holds them to a 3 and out so we can get better field position and then run left, right, and up the middle again, and occansionally throw in a play action, the whole time hoping tmart would break one for a long td run. beck mixes it up more and this offense is better coached and has way more potential then watsons, watson had one huge advantage over beck, and defense that would bail him out 95% of the time. our offense won us 1 game last year (okie state) while honestly becks offense has won us all of our games that we have and only lost us 1, i dont think that watson would have done the same for us that beck has this year

No arguement there, but I still do not feel we have the level of OC that this program deserves. We went and got what was considered the top defensive mind in the country, why not the same on the offensive side is my question.

Maybe Beck is the that diamond in the rough, who knows at this point, but we really can not afford too many more experiments. We need to start winning and doing it with regularity. Against tough ranked teams. If not our recruiting hot bed of Texas will dry up is my guess.

So far I do not see us moving forward this year, same as it has been the past four. A lot of promise, slim on the results. We need an offense to win games, and I think we could have done better than Beck. Until he proves me wrong I am going to feel that way. Beating up on OSU team that basically quit after the QB went down and Minnesota, does not set the standard we need to be at.

He has several big games coming up. He wins them with offense, then we will be headed in the right direction. Still to soon for me to think we are there yet.

Teams that have everything go against them get that mind set. We steal the ball, Their main offensive weapon goes down, and as everything that has befallen OSU this year. The win attitude goes away.

Try understanding what true athletes do and feel. It is a normal situation. The wheels came off their game. It happens many times a year.

WTF!

Haha...their qb gets hurt in the 2nd half so of course Ohio State's elite defense immediately decides to lay down and quit (even with a big lead). Makes sense to me.

GBR!!

WTF!

Haha...their qb gets hurt in the 2nd half so of course Ohio State's elite defense immediately decides to lay down and quit (even with a big lead). Makes sense to me.

GBR!!

14 points isnt a big lead.

Cant wait for Saturday. I havent been this fired up for a game since the CCG. Its make or break for Nebraska this week.

I hope we play within ourselves and get to the 4th quarter. Then use Sexy Rexy and Oline to finish them off.

WTF!

GBR!!

14 points isnt a big lead.

Cant wait for Saturday. I havent been this fired up for a game since the CCG. Its make or break for Nebraska this week.

I hope we play within ourselves and get to the 4th quarter. Then use Sexy Rexy and Oline to finish them off.

Actually it was 21 points with a quarter and a half to go and their D playing well, yeah it was a big lead.

Well according to the thinking here, we should be up by 20 plus at half time. We will see.

You want to show me where people are saying that? Yes there is a lot of confidence going around right now, is that so bad? If you don't agree, that is fine. There are several that would agree with from what I have seen, but don't exaggerate what everyone is saying. This is what leads to the "koolaid sunshine pumpers" and "realists" arguments that seem to be so divisive lately. Let's just have a discussion without the sarcastic jabs.

Well according to the thinking here, we should be up by 20 plus at half time. We will see.

You want to show me where people are saying that? Yes there is a lot of confidence going around right now, is that so bad? If you don't agree, that is fine. There are several that would agree with from what I have seen, but don't exaggerate what everyone is saying. This is what leads to the "koolaid sunshine pumpers" and "realists" arguments that seem to be so divisive lately. Let's just have a discussion without the sarcastic jabs.

of course a koolaid sunshine pumper like you would say that, us realists know that if your not negative then your opinion is obsurd and it isnt even worth being posted! :sarcasm

Your not saying the number, but you are counting the 27 points in a quarter against OSU and the what ever amount against Minnesota as being the return, verification of a great offense in its birth. So logic would say we score 20 in the first quarter against MSU.

You can not have your cake and eat it to.

You are happy with the OC, I am not, as I have seen nothing to indicate he has the answer against a ranked team as of yet. If he does I will give him is just due and eat crow. But my guess is we will see a lot of what we saw against Wisconsin this weekend, and if we do my thoughts will be a lot closer to reality than the boards.

I love this program, but I just do not think this was the right choice. Nebraska is not a training school for OC, or at least should not be.

I hope I am wrong on this, but have about the same feeling I had going into the Wisconsin game. I think we are overmatched again, and the sad part is it will be the same a few more games this year. Unfortunately it will not all fall on the offense, I honestly think there are more problems on this defense.

Your not saying the number, but you are counting the 27 points in a quarter against OSU and the what ever amount against Minnesota as being the return, verification of a great offense in its birth. So logic would say we score 20 in the first quarter against MSU.

You can not have your cake and eat it to.

You are happy with the OC, I am not, as I have seen nothing to indicate he has the answer against a ranked team as of yet. If he does I will give him is just due and eat crow. But my guess is we will see a lot of what we saw against Wisconsin this weekend, and if we do my thoughts will be a lot closer to reality than the boards.

I love this program, but I just do not think this was the right choice. Nebraska is not a training school for OC, or at least should not be.

I hope I am wrong on this, but have about the same feeling I had going into the Wisconsin game. I think we are overmatched again, and the sad part is it will be the same a few more games this year. Unfortunately it will not all fall on the offense, I honestly think there are more problems on this defense.

Total hogwash.

Even the most casual cfb fan knows Ohio State wasn't ranked due to it's grossly inept offense (currently ranked 110th) that still tore into our defense for 20 pts in the 1st half. That Beck and our offense managed to run over a "very" good Ohio State defense (currently 16th ranked) in the 2nd half is an excellent accomplishment for him by any reasonable standard.

GBR!!