Brett Maher - Groza Award Semi-Finalist

knapplc

Apparently someone clued the Groza Award people into the fact that we have a football team. They apparently didn't know that last year. <_<

Maher Named Groza Award Semifinalist

Nebraska's Brett Maher was named one of 20 semifinalists for the 2011 Lou Groza Award announced Friday by the Palm Beach County Sports Commission.

Maher has been impressive in his first season as the Huskers' kicker, going 13-of-16 in field goal attempts, including a pair of 50-yarders. He is one of only two Groza semifinalists who have made at least two field goals of 50+ yards this season. Maher is also 31-of-31 in PATs for the No. 13 Huskers, who are 6-1 on the season and ranked 13th nationally this week.

Maher is fourth nationally in field goals per game (1.86 field goals per game), and 12th nationally in scoring (10.0 points per game) while also averaging 45.5 yards per punt and placing 10 of his 25 kicks inside the opponent's 20-yard line.

The three finalists will be honored at the 20th annual Lou Groza Collegiate Place-Kicker Awards Banquet on December 6 in West Palm Beach, Florida. The presentation will be featured on The Home Depot College Football Awards on Thursday, December 8, 2011.

I emailed the group or I should say, the one who was in charge, last year asking how the nominations are made. I got a prompt response, can't remember his name but he told me that the coaches from your conference nominate who they feel is deserving of the award. Now be it that we were leaving, one can only speculate what happened. If I can find the email, I'll post it.

I emailed the group or I should say, the one who was in charge, last year asking how the nominations are made. I got a prompt response, can't remember his name but he told me that the coaches from your conference nominate who they feel is deserving of the award. Now be it that we were leaving, one can only speculate what happened. If I can find the email, I'll post it.

No effing way. If that's true then they can go [Mod Edit] themselves with a [Mod Edit] in their [Mod Edit]ing [Mod Edit]-[Mod Edit] cat and a [Mod Edit] with a [Mod Edit]ing bassoon. [Mod Edit]ers.

• Fire 1

No effing way. If that's true then they can go [Mod Edit] themselves with a [Mod Edit] in their [Mod Edit]ing [Mod Edit]-[Mod Edit] cat and a [Mod Edit] with a [Mod Edit]ing bassoon. [Mod Edit]ers.

... until the handle breaks off, and they have to find a doctor to pull it out again!