WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

zoogs

yeaaaaaaaaaaa boy!

I am loving this game. The best part is that I dozed off during most of the second quarter, so I missed Michigan St's only score (so far) as well as Taylor's interception.

Some observations I wanted to make.....

* Our defense, lights out! Is it the immobile QB effect? It is good to see those Blackshirts coltmccoy another team again.

* What was up with our DL? They kept not getting into their stances and just hovering around on the line of scrimmage. Interesting look, don't remember it from earlier this year.

* What was up with their DL? So many times they jumped offsides. Credit to Taylor for getting those snaps off that gave us free plays, then taking shots down the field...and somehow getting PI on both of them!

* Rex Burkhead = BAMF.

* (Added after seeing Husker Richard's status...) A big "huh??" in Cousins spending a good part of the game going after Dennard, and a good part of that going after Dennard with safety help. That didn't work out well!

* We looked far more prepared for this game out there today. Looks like the three-game stretch before this took its toll on that Spartans team.

* More than that, in the chess matches between the coaches, we won. Badly. Our coordinators flat out embarrassed theirs, on both sides of the ball.

* How about these announcers? They were outstanding in their analysis, I thought. They went into considerable detail, at least about our team, didn't seem to really talk about what MSU was doing. You could tell their admiration of our team throughout.

* Announcers almost went into too much detail, haha. Telling everybody what Carl Pelini's hand signals meant.

* Loved the show of sportsmanship and unity at the end with the MSU and Nebraska players huddled together.

* This image saved for posterity...

post-1760-0-15674300-1319916069.png

Yeah I just did a double-take, too. But it's true. What a game by Lance Thorell, and Justin Blatchford got a key pass breakup as well.

I am scared to see what this team is capable of. We could be in for one hell of a season!

• Fire 3

* What was up with their DL? So many times they jumped offsides. Credit to Taylor for getting those snaps off that gave us free plays, then taking shots down the field...and somehow getting PI on both of them!

^^^ This. Going into the game I was worried they would own us--force us to go to T-Mart's arm (awwww!). Instead our O-linemen dominated. Kept their awesome D-line in check most of the game. Gholston had a few plays. But not like it did the past few weeks. If we gave out helmet stickers there would be a bunch going to our big guys on offense.

I also approve of using "coltmccoy" as a verb.

Kirk Cousins got coltmccoyed today. Good to see the Blackshirt QB Graveyard is open for business again.

Agree, I enjoy nothing more than ruining a young mans NFL draft value. Nice job handling a cover two zone defense. Congrats to the Blackshirts, they earned 'em today for sure.

* What was up with our DL? They kept not getting into their stances and just hovering around on the line of scrimmage. Interesting look, don't remember it from earlier this year.

It's an amoeba defense. It's been en vogue in the NFL lately, the Jets ran it a lot last year. I've been hoping we would utilize it at some point, as I think it give the line a bit of an advantage. The first time I've seen it in college football.