Rest of the reason, based on today

So with our win today and with learning more from the other B1G games today, how do we do in the remaining games?

- Michigan pretty easily beat beat Purdue; @ Michigan.

- Penn State pulled out a squeaker against Illinois, @ Penn State.

- Iowa lost to Minnesota 22 to 21; @ Minnesota.

- Northwestern put up A LOT against Indiana; @ Indiana.

I think our toughest competition comes from Michigan. I see us pulling out wins with all the others.

So with our win today and with learning more from the other B1G games today, how do we do in the remaining games?

- Michigan pretty easily beat beat Purdue; @ Michigan.

- Penn State pulled out a squeaker against Illinois, @ Penn State.

- Iowa lost to Minnesota 22 to 21; @ Minnesota.

- Northwestern put up A LOT against Indiana; @ Indiana.

I think our toughest competition comes from Michigan. I see us pulling out wins with all the others.

It's brutal going to Happy Valley and the Big House in consecutive weeks in November. Can't say I'm too worried about NW or Iowa, both in Memorial Stadium. LOL at Iowa dropping one in Minny. :lol:

-Michigan is decent, you have to respect them, if you do you can win

-Penn State is a fragile house of cards they're only undefeated (conf) beacuse their opponents so far have been out of breath

-I don't care what Iowa did at Minn, they're always tough at home, lucky for the Huskers they draw them in Lincoln...still watch out though

-Similar estimation of NU, they're one of those teams thats never going to be top tier but they'll upset someone roughly once a year.

-Penn State is a fragile house of cards they're only undefeated (conf) beacuse their opponents so far have been out of breath

-I don't care what Iowa did at Minn, they're always tough at home, lucky for the Huskers they draw them in Lincoln...still watch out though

-Similar estimation of NU NW, they're one of those teams thats never going to be top tier but they'll upset someone roughly once a year.

FIFY. Lest folks get the wrong idea. :)

-Similar estimation of NU NW, they're one of those teams thats never going to be top tier but they'll upset someone roughly once a year.

FIFY. Lest folks get the wrong idea. :)

You're right. I had to read that sentence twice because I thought he was talking about the REAL NU. :)

Quite honestly, our toughest test comes in Happy Valley two weeks from today. I haven't been impressed with Penn State offensively, and I think they've been the product of playing some lack luster offenses. But Penn State doesn't have a team they ALWAYS play tough and I think that team is going to be Nebraska. They'll have a bye week to prepare for us.

Michigan, while 7-1, is like Kansas State--I don't think they're for real. If the defense we saw today shows up for the rest of the year, it'll be a Michigan State type performance for Michigan's offense, Denard Robinson. Michigan's D may pose a problem, but I think we have the offense that can overcome almost anything a D throws at us [so long as we don't make mistakes].

Northwestern--I don't know, I think we have this one.

Iowa--Well, they lost to Minnesota [enough said]

We're going to have our hands full that's for sure.

If the Blackshirts really have turned the corner, then I say we win out, but we're going to have to earn it.

I don't see any of these games being gimmes.

vs NW. Persa and company are obviously a scary team offensively, but again, if our defense has "turned the corner" as a unit, then I expect us to win by a couple scores

@ PSU. The fact that this game is on the road is the main reason it scares me. If it were in Lincoln I wouldn't be so worried, but I think the Nittany Lions will come out ready to play. Close win.

@ MICH. Definitely the toughest test left on our schedule. Shoelace hasn't played much better than Martinez in the passing dept. lately, but he's still a playmaker and can cause any defense fits. They have a much improved defense as well. Can't pick this one yet.

vs IOWA. Yeah, yeah, yeah. They lost to the Mighty Gophers, but they still have a fundamentally sound team. I'm glad this matchup is in Lincoln because the Hawkeyes play better in Iowa City. We win by a couple scores.

Oh so you guys join my conference and now I have to change everything? come on, I'm old let me be grumpy and antiquated

You don't have to change EVERYTHING. I mean we did allow Wisconsin to keep their colors when we joined the B1G. ;)

:throw

Ha ha! Hey, I had to adjust once already, myself. Most Nebraska grads (like me) called it UNL when in college, to distinguish from UNO and UNK. But football fans always refer to NU, which is what I now use.

Oh so you guys join my conference and now I have to change everything? come on, I'm old let me be grumpy and antiquated

You don't have to change EVERYTHING. I mean we did allow Wisconsin to keep their colors when we joined the B1G. ;)

:throw

Ha ha! Hey, I had to adjust once already, myself. Most Nebraska grads (like me) called it UNL when in college, to distinguish from UNO and UNK. But football fans always refer to NU, which is what I now use.

Ok to be fair I've been pretty good about remembering you guys are used to NU and using that here but I've been known to make mistakes, anyhow back on topic I think the Huskers could very easily win out, season hinges on U-M though.

Ok to be fair I've been pretty good about remembering you guys are used to NU and using that here but I've been known to make mistakes, anyhow back on topic I think the Huskers could very easily win out, season hinges on U-M though.

I'd agree. I think the game against Michigan IS the test. We have Iowa and NW at home (and both are not looking great). Penn State I think could be tough, but I think we are the better team.

Michigan worries me because it's away, and that mobile QB of theirs is something we haven't shown we can stop yet.