Checking in from HuskerPedia

I've asked for explanations multiple times (and even on HP a long time ago) and the only real answer Ive gotten is "Max is a douche" which doesn't explain much of anything.

Here is the scoop. Most people on HP didn't care about the lawsuit. Just two business partners fighting. Max went and started up HuskerMax. Charged $20 to join. The site had 10 or so guys who absolutely controlled the discussions on the board. I tried it for a year, but it was the most fingernails-on-chalkboard site I'd ever been on. Tried it for a year and went back to HP. HP had shrunk considerably by then, but at least the folks were friendly. Last week, we got notice that Max was back and was taking over. A host of his loyal followers jumped all over the HP board and started acting like compete jerks. It was like a throng of hoodlums bum rushed the site. They were beating their chests that Dave Max had "won" the lawsuit, as if we even cared. We don't care about millionaires winning court battles over each other. We just want to talk football.

Thanks, thats the best explanation I have gotten so far.

You were (the infamous) HuskerinSanDiego at HMax I take it

Yes, I was. Won negative poster of the year last year. I am still kinda surprised by that, as I never tried to be inflammatory. On HMax, anytime I had a contrary opinion people went bezerk. Never could figure that one out. Oh well.

Sub--Sorry to hear that you won't be posting at the MAX anymore.

Anyone who posts what HNC did creates their own reputation.

what does that mean?

Each forum participant is remembered by some of the better things... and some of the worst things that they have posted.

HNC has created his reputation.

I just notified the mods at HuskerMax that I would not be returning to their site unless it is cleaned up of the trash.

They were having a field day bashing Scott Olson, then they started celebrating the death of Steve Jobs.

Some things just aren't funny, I don't want anything to do with those people anymore.

You got that right. Sounds like scum to me.

Amen , I will be staying OUT of the woodshed. I got enough of trolling with the last days of Huskerpedia and the trash that moved back in , I am just going to move on to better things ...Welcome JR SUPERSTAR ! I would welcome you too Sub , but I think you beat me over here .

I just notified the mods at HuskerMax that I would not be returning to their site unless it is cleaned up of the trash.

They were having a field day bashing Scott Olson, then they started celebrating the death of Steve Jobs.

Some things just aren't funny, I don't want anything to do with those people anymore.

Hey guy- good to see you over here. :wasted

Hey all. Not sure I would technically say that I'm checking in from HP...more from HM. I went the HM route after the split only because I thought the ownership for the new HM site was more passionate about Nebraska than the ownership that was left with the of the old HP site. I figured that would translate into a better product. It really had nothing to do with who I thought was right or wrong. I didn't really care and figured the courts would settle it which it sounds like they did.

I also didn't really care about a paid site versus a free site. I can see the pros and cons to both and $20 wasn't going to break the bank. But there was really never any value to the card (living outside of Nebraska) and tailgate opportunities that came with the paid site. Pretty easy to find a tailgate to be a part of in Lincoln on game day without having to be a paid member of a group. But I know websites aren't free to run so paying to use one didn't bother me.

After sticking around HM for about a year, I finally had my fill of several things that I took issue with. I don't want to get into the details, but I decided it was no longer the type of place I wanted to be.

All of that being said, I think this place looks pretty cool, seems to have a lot of the features I look for in a football board and I'm excited to give it a shot. Nice to see some familiar names from both HM and HP and looking forward to getting to know some the rest of you. Most importantly, GBR!!!

Hey all. Not sure I would technically say that I'm checking in from HP...more from HM. I went the HM route after the split only because I thought the ownership for the new HM site was more passionate about Nebraska than the ownership that was left with the of the old HP site. I figured that would translate into a better product. It really had nothing to do with who I thought was right or wrong. I didn't really care and figured the courts would settle it which it sounds like they did.

I also didn't really care about a paid site versus a free site. I can see the pros and cons to both and $20 wasn't going to break the bank. But there was really never any value to the card (living outside of Nebraska) and tailgate opportunities that came with the paid site. Pretty easy to find a tailgate to be a part of in Lincoln on game day without having to be a paid member of a group. But I know websites aren't free to run so paying to use one didn't bother me.

After sticking around HM for about a year, I finally had my fill of several things that I took issue with. I don't want to get into the details, but I decided it was no longer the type of place I wanted to be.

All of that being said, I think this place looks pretty cool, seems to have a lot of the features I look for in a football board and I'm excited to give it a shot. Nice to see some familiar names from both HM and HP and looking forward to getting to know some the rest of you. Most importantly, GBR!!!

Disappointed to hear you won't be posting at HM anymore. Look forward to posting with you here.

Disappointed to hear you won't be posting at HM anymore. Look forward to posting with you here.

Thanks, NEWI and glad to see you here too!!

You got that right. Sounds like scum to me.

yep. you can bash scott olsen for hating the marines, but not for what happened to him. the cops messed up big time.