Checking in from HuskerPedia

Im here because I saw calla was over here and wanted just to say hello...I'm a old timer from wherever HM

So

hey Calla! good to see you're still around hope we can talk sometime.

Peace to all

POPS!!!! Oh jeez - it's so good to hear from you again! How have you been? You are going to the Ukraine? I've missed you.

(In general, not directed at Pops)Also wanted to say that I signed up here a year ago but pretty much just lurked. I was a bit burnt out on Husker sites and needed some down time. This does seem like a nice board and I appreciate the welcome. I'm sure it is disconcerting to have a bunch of new people join all at once, especially new people that know each other. I'll feel my way around and try not to put my foot into it.

And, I want to be clear that I like many, many of the people at HM. They are good people. I may have personal differences with Max, but he's done an excellent job with his homepage for Husker news and articles and he has picked some quality persons with good hearts to be mods there. I'm not looking to be a problem child. Not looking back. Just looking forward to a fresh start. Which is why I do appreciate the warm welcome we received so much.

GO BIG RED!

I'd say if anyone is curious enough to know what the HM guys/bbs are about go do some lurking. Some threads will most likely disgust you, some make you laugh and some will have quite a bit of quality info/insight. At any given time 1 of the 3 seems to drown out the other 2. Sure I could tell some stories, but I don't think this board is wanting that and it probably wouldn't be too productive anyway. :) As I said...if go skim some of the popular threads there in the fb forum AND cafe if you're curious.

BTW - I see someone signed up as cactusboy yesterday morning. I'm sure that was done w/ noble intentions. :)

I am also checking in from HP.

All I want is a place to discuss Husker football and all that goes with it. This site was mentioned as one of the best.

I guarantee I won't cause problems like many of you are worried former HP members may do.

GBR!!!

WELCOME! GOOOO BIIIIIIIIIG REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!

I can already tell I like this place better. At HP I always felt like I had to keep my defenses up every time I posted anything.

But here I already feel like I can just relax and be myself and say whatever comes to mind...

I'm typing this naked right now.

There are some lenient mods around here it seems...I have never had any issues....and when I had something deleted or was warned about something...it was apart of the rules and it was a very objective ruling. I had no problems with any actions that were taken. This place is pretty chill.

I can already tell I like this place better. At HP I always felt like I had to keep my defenses up every time I posted anything.

But here I already feel like I can just relax and be myself and say whatever comes to mind...

I'm typing this naked right now.

There are some lenient mods around here it seems...I have never had any issues....and when I had something deleted or was warned about something...it was apart of the rules and it was a very objective ruling. I had no problems with any actions that were taken. This place is pretty chill.

also, to all the newbies, do not hesitate to ignore me, it is a bit of an inside joke around here. that, or no one likes me or what i have to say. given those two options, it has to be the former.

I am also here as a result of the Huskerpedia shutdown. This board looks great from what I can see and am thankful to have somewhere to go for my message board fix. I do miss Huskerpedia's main page, however. Does anyone know of another good website that posts links to all the current husker news articles? Much thanks.

I am also here as a result of the Huskerpedia shutdown. This board looks great from what I can see and am thankful to have somewhere to go for my message board fix. I do miss Huskerpedia's main page, however. Does anyone know of another good website that posts links to all the current husker news articles? Much thanks.

not sure if serious...?.... (huskermax.com)

Cactus--You ended pretty well at HP, should have left it at that buddy.

I took it as his mod position ended, which in my opinion is a good thing. For those that asked where i went, I was always there, I just stopped posting. After being banned for calling out a known multiple troll (who for some reason was obsessed with the fact that I posted on Shaggybevo), I really never felt the desire to post.

I would equate it to this.

I went to a wedding about 10 years ago that had an open bar. I really liked rum and coke at the time and drank it quite often. I really have no idea how many I had that night, but the fact that I was sick for 3 days after tells me it was probably too much. I've never had the desire to drink it ever since.

Glad to see so many familiar faces. I look forward to meeting some new ones.

funny_animated_gif_3.gif

Cactus--You ended pretty well at HP, should have left it at that buddy.

I took it as his mod position ended, which in my opinion is a good thing. For those that asked where i went, I was always there, I just stopped posting. After being banned for calling out a known multiple troll (who for some reason was obsessed with the fact that I posted on Shaggybevo), I really never felt the desire to post.

I would equate it to this.

I went to a wedding about 10 years ago that had an open bar. I really liked rum and coke at the time and drank it quite often. I really have no idea how many I had that night, but the fact that I was sick for 3 days after tells me it was probably too much. I've never had the desire to drink it ever since.

Glad to see so many familiar faces. I look forward to meeting some new ones.

MP, I PM'd you not long ago about this, maybe you didn't read it.

As mod my main priorities were to be fair and consistent..and to be open about things. I 100% agree the guy you are talking about was a troll as did virtually everyone...and they didn't want him there. When you went off on him I either had to suspend you or give you a free pass and if I give one free pass what do I do when the next guy wants one for goign off on some guy he doesn't like? How do you define/rule on who is a big enough troll to allow people to go off on? So the most fair and consistent thing was to just give you a token suspension. It's like a cop that sees a dude break a guy's nose w/ a punch and the guy was asking for it w/ his mouth etc. The cop has to arrest the guy, especially when there are witnesses all over...even if he wanted to punch the guy too. It wasn't much later that he was banned. I realize it didnt' happen as soon as some wanted...but I feel I handled him the way I do all posters. I'm sure if I was sitting online in the fb forum all the time I could have acted sooner.

Hope my ramble make sense and you can see where I was coming from.