New Here...

Came over from Huskerpedia, where I had the same name.

I'm a diehard Husker fan by marriage. My late father-in-law played on the Freshman team in 1941, then ended up going to WWII. He came back to NU, but didn't rejoin the team. He was a rabid Husker fan all his life, and my wife and I are carrying on the tradition. I live in Saint Paul, MN, and am an old coot, myself.

My own Alma Mater is Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, CA.

A story:

The Husker Wrestling team had a match at Cal Poly a number of years ago. I attended, in full Husker fan regalia, including cornhead. To my surprise, the Husker fans were just about equal in number to the local fans. When the team came out, the captain looked over at the group of Husker fans, shook his head and smiled, as if to say, "Heck, I don't even know where I am, but there you guys are!"

I am also a transplant from Huskerpedia, I am currently overseas in the military, hoping to ge home to the family in a couple of weeks. Loving the BIG10 and looking forward to contributing.

Thanks for your service. I was in the USAF from 1965-69. Serving is a worthwhile thing to do, all around. Nice to meet you.

Welcome to huskerboard.com and we look forward to your insights on the Huskers. :thumbs

Thanks. I'm not sure how much insight I have. I'm no expert on football. I'm just a fan. I did predict the right score of one game, though, but missed badly on yesterday's game. I loved yesterday's game. The Blackshirts are definitely back.