Guard pull/lead

C N Red

Rewatching game and Spielman pointed out when ARod is gonna pull he is back off the line further than when he doesnt. Ive noticed in past games as well. I really thinl this is something that needs to be remedied or future defenses will read this. Anyone else notice this??

Actually now that ive watched more of the game ARod always lines up that far in backfield no matter if hes pulling or not. Anyone have any idea he does this??

Perhaps you answered it yourself with your first post. He makes it easier to pull on those plays, and doesn't tip it by lining up differently on other plays. How much of a disadvantage is he at on non-pulling plays lining up deeper? I haven't noticed this myself other than what was pointed out in the game, just giving an obvious answer.

I remember rewatching the game and hearing this pointed out. If ARod is lining up a bit behind the other guys on the non-guard pulling plays then it's not an issue, because he's trying to do disguise what he's doing. But if he's only lining up behind the line on plays where he pulls, they need to consider disguising it better.

This guy --> http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/good_one_liner_lg5e2jOygarNQOYdqOTm2O seems to think that A-Rod only did it when he was pulling.

I didn't record the game and I was at a bar so I couldn't hear/didn't watch as closely as I would have liked, but for those that did, was he always lined up like that or just on pulling plays? That's a ridiculously easy key for a defense to read. You'd think the coaches would be smarter than to have him only line up like that on certain plays.

This guy --> http://www.nypost.co...ygarNQOYdqOTm2O seems to think that A-Rod only did it when he was pulling.

I didn't record the game and I was at a bar so I couldn't hear/didn't watch as closely as I would have liked, but for those that did, was he always lined up like that or just on pulling plays? That's a ridiculously easy key for a defense to read. You'd think the coaches would be smarter than to have him only line up like that on certain plays.

And yet, the nation's #2 rush defense did not.

No, I've rewatched the whole game and he's always back that far. So, it shouldn't be a key to the defense as they don't know if he is pulling or not, but if he does then it does help him pull easier. So he is consistent in his lineup so it's not able to be keyed on but does still give him an advantage when he does pull.

No, I've rewatched the whole game and he's always back that far. So, it shouldn't be a key to the defense as they don't know if he is pulling or not, but if he does then it does help him pull easier. So he is consistent in his lineup so it's not able to be keyed on but does still give him an advantage when he does pull.

Good to know. That journalist must have been reaching for an article. He seems convinced that it was only on pulling plays.