Michigan @Iowa: Who do we want to win?

Weird...don't see how rooting for Iowa to win is throwing support behind the implied acceptance of permanent mediocrity for our program, but to each their own, I suppose.

Common sense is a rare commodity, Matt. Especially when a seemingly weaker Michigan team would be equally offset by a seemingly stronger Iowa team.

You guys are reading way too much into my preference for this Michigan-Iowa game. I don't think rooting for Iowa, or Michigan, implies anything about our program or what people are willing to accept. In fact, what we want or who we root for means jack. If you feel Iowa winning is better for us, then that is your opinion and I have no problem with it. I just don't agree. Personally I have very little respect for the Iowa program and it is my belief that most rational people would feel a victory over a 1 loss top 10+/- Michigan, with Robinson, would be much more impressive than a win against a 3-6 loss Iowa team. I have little concern over what outcome may best help Nebraska get into the CCG for 2 reasons. 1-Like I stated earlier, our desires mean nothing in what will happen and 2-I see no reason we should not win our 4 remaining games. I think a win over a 1 loss Michigan may help our national ranking and reputation whereas a win over, by that time a 5 loss, Iowa will mean nothing to voters or SOS. If we screw up and lose a game, I may have to change my tune but I see no sense in a$$ covering until it is needed. One of our poorest and most embarrasing stats is our record against top 10/15 ranked teams. Why pull for an outcome that will eliminate another opportunity to shed that stigma. I am planning for the best outcome and you guys are jockeying for position in case the worst happens. I will never share that outlook and you can say it lacks common sense all you want. I want great things for the Huskers and you want safe things.

Weird...don't see how rooting for Iowa to win is throwing support behind the implied acceptance of permanent mediocrity for our program, but to each their own, I suppose.

Common sense is a rare commodity, Matt. Especially when a seemingly weaker Michigan team would be equally offset by a seemingly stronger Iowa team.

That's just it though... Iowa has already blown their season with 2 pitiful losses to ISU and Minnesota. Everybody knows they suck, and a win vs Michigan will not make them look any better, but rather make Michigan look like crap too for losing to them... ugh... :facepalm:

You guys are reading way too much into my preference for this Michigan-Iowa game. I don't think rooting for Iowa, or Michigan, implies anything about our program or what people are willing to accept. In fact, what we want or who we root for means jack. If you feel Iowa winning is better for us, then that is your opinion and I have no problem with it. I just don't agree. Personally I have very little respect for the Iowa program and it is my belief that most rational people would feel a victory over a 1 loss top 10+/- Michigan, with Robinson, would be much more impressive than a win against a 3-6 loss Iowa team. I have little concern over what outcome may best help Nebraska get into the CCG for 2 reasons. 1-Like I stated earlier, our desires mean nothing in what will happen and 2-I see no reason we should not win our 4 remaining games. I think a win over a 1 loss Michigan may help our national ranking and reputation whereas a win over, by that time a 5 loss, Iowa will mean nothing to voters or SOS. If we screw up and lose a game, I may have to change my tune but I see no sense in a$$ covering until it is needed. One of our poorest and most embarrasing stats is our record against top 10/15 ranked teams. Why pull for an outcome that will eliminate another opportunity to shed that stigma. I am planning for the best outcome and you guys are jockeying for position in case the worst happens. I will never share that outlook and you can say it lacks common sense all you want. I want great things for the Huskers and you want safe things.

Not to mention, if I'm not mistaken, if we lose just one game out of these last 4 and MSU wins out, they would go to the CCG anyways... Therefore rooting for Michigan to lose to Iowa makes no sense as it will have ZERO effect on the division race as long as MSU wins out, and their schedule is pretty easy the remainder of the season...

Not to mention, if I'm not mistaken, if we lose just one game out of these last 4 and MSU wins out, they would go to the CCG anyways... Therefore rooting for Michigan to lose to Iowa makes no sense as it will have ZERO effect on the division race as long as MSU wins out, and their schedule is pretty easy the remainder of the season...

Exactly which is why the Iowa-MSU game has more meaning towards the division race. The Michigan-Iowa game means very little if we lose and MSU wins out.

Right.... and that's why I want MI to lose. If anything, it will put a huge dent in their swag and make it easier for us to beat them (esp. in the event that MSU wins out). I don't think going to Ann Arbor and taking on a MI team bursting with confidence is a good thing for NU esp. with a QB who's prone to mistakes.

Iowa. I think OSU will probably beat Michigan. Therefore Mich would have 3 losses in the Big 10 and even if we lost to Mich we still would have a shot to get to the CCG if we won against every there team. Coincidentally though, in a situation like this, we would also need MSU to lose a game and we would be cheering for Iowa to beat them (considering that they are likely the best team left on the Spartans' schedule).

I think both sides of this question have good pts but to me the above bolded sways me the most. Let Michigan run the table until we march unto their field & kick their ass.

If we're really "Nebraska" that's how we want it.

GBR!!

• Fire 1

Iowa. I think OSU will probably beat Michigan. Therefore Mich would have 3 losses in the Big 10 and even if we lost to Mich we still would have a shot to get to the CCG if we won against every there team. Coincidentally though, in a situation like this, we would also need MSU to lose a game and we would be cheering for Iowa to beat them (considering that they are likely the best team left on the Spartans' schedule).

A shot - maybe but not if MSU runs the table moving forward.

If we win out it is better if Mich wins (They will be higher ranked).

I'm sick of us not being able to control our own destiny. For some crazy reason (gut feeling) I think this will be the year we finally win out and get a championship conference trophy. The offense has found it's identity and the defense is finally playing well again. Talk about good timing with Penn state and Michigan coming up.