Post your BCS predictions

*puff puff*

BCS MNC - Stanford vs. Okie State

Rose - Nebraska vs Boise State

Orange - Va Tech vs WVU

Sugar - South Carolina vs Oregon

Fiesta - LSU vs Oklahoma

LSU beats Ala this weekend

South Carolina beats LSU in SEC Champ (yes I am smoking crack)

Sorry Alabama..no BCS for you.

I really like that prediction.....makes me want to pick up the pipe...."puff puff give" please!

Quick question for everyone. If OU beats Okie State and Oregon beat Stanford, is it possible for LSU and Alabama to play each other in the BCS NC game? I see this as a very likely scenario. I think there will only be two or three undefeated teams this year, and the BCS won't put Boise State or Houston in the NC game.

No after the Huskers made the Championship Game in '01 the BCS added a rule that to play in the Championship Game you must win your conference.

Quick question for everyone. If OU beats Okie State and Oregon beat Stanford, is it possible for LSU and Alabama to play each other in the BCS NC game? I see this as a very likely scenario. I think there will only be two or three undefeated teams this year, and the BCS won't put Boise State or Houston in the NC game.

No after the Huskers made the Championship Game in '01 the BCS added a rule that to play in the Championship Game you must win your conference.

Show me....I don't believe it. Explain the 2003 MNC then.

I don't know why we always take the fall for this deeming it the Husker rule when in fact it never got implemented until after OU got taken to the woodshed in 2003 by KState in the Big 12 Championship game. At least when we got in, there was a confirmed clear NC that year. In 2003, they had to have a split NC which was never supposed to happen in the BCS formula. They did implement it for the 2004 season going forward. However, they seem to change the BCS rules each and every season. This is why I asked because I don't know for sure whether it's still in the formula. If it is, all hell will break lose if South Carolina or Georgia beat LSU or Bama in the SEC title game.

Show me....I don't believe it. Explain the 2003 MNC then.

Exactly. There still isn't rule...it's more of an unspoken rule. See 07 Georgia.

No, they didn't. Quit making up stuff about the BCS. You don't know what you are talking about.

My prediction:

Championship: Alabama vs. Boise St

Alabama beats LSU at home, Boise St is only other unbeaten

Rose: Nebraska vs Oregon

Rose colored glasses for NU, Oregon beats Stanford if Thomas pulls it together

Fiesta:

Oklahoma vs Stanford

Oklahoma rolls over Okie Lite defense

Sugar:

LSU vs. Oklahoma State

Orange:

Cincinnati vs. Virginia Tech

or whoever wins those conferences

You are correct there is no official rule. The formula was rewritten to keep it from happening. Like the BCS it is not perfect & I would assume there is some mathmatical chance of it, but it is not supose to happen. Here is a article that explains the tweek before the '04 season.

July 15, 2004

New BCS formula approved

The BCS has approved a new championship formula. Under the new plan, the AP poll, Coaches poll, and the average of the computer polls will count equally to determine the BCS rankings. The new system (code named: 33-33-33) all but ensures that the #1 & #2 human poll teams will meet in the BCS title game. Had the system been in place in past years, USC and LSU would have met in the Sugar Bowl last year. In 2001, Miami would have played Oregon instead of Nebraska.

If you're keeping track at home, LSU would have still beaten USC.

Posted by <a href="http://www.fanblogs.com/">Kevin Donahue

That doesn't make it any more or less likely for a non-champion of a conference to make it, other to give the human polls more weight and potentially let them manipulate the vote to prevent it. If Alabama-LSU is close, especially if the game is won on a fluke or bad call, they are just as likely to manipulate a rematch, especially if it comes down to Boise State.

NCG - LSU vs. Boise St

Rose - Oregon vs. Nebraska

Fiesta - OU vs. Stanford

Sugar - Alabama vs. OSU

Orange - Va Tech vs. WV

I don't care...going with the dumb picks at this point in time. Alabama loses to LSU, OSU loses to OU, Stanford loses to Oregon, voters say screw it let's send Boise to the NCG and put the non-AQ discussion to bed for good. Sugar gets a replacement pick for LSU, they pick Alabama. Fiesta picks first, they can't pick OSU, they pick Stanford. Sugar picks next, they pick OSU. Orange picks last, they pick WV.

NCG - LSU vs. Boise St

Rose - Oregon vs. Nebraska

Fiesta - OU vs. Stanford

Sugar - Alabama vs. OSU

Orange - Va Tech vs. WV

I don't care...going with the dumb picks at this point in time. Alabama loses to LSU, OSU loses to OU, Stanford loses to Oregon, voters say screw it let's send Boise to the NCG and put the non-AQ discussion to bed for good. Sugar gets a replacement pick for LSU, they pick Alabama. Fiesta picks first, they can't pick OSU, they pick Stanford. Sugar picks next, they pick OSU. Orange picks last, they pick WV.

This is a senario I wouldn't mind seeing, but only if LSU smashes Boise St so bad the have a hard time fielding a team the next year.