What we learned today???

Some more things we learned:

* It is already too late to not have wasted the redshirt years of Jamal Turner, Braylon Heard and/or Aaron Green. If you're not going to use them, don't put them in the freaking game.

* We are the only team in the B1G who doesn't understand the concept of blocking. Our O Line is consistently disengaging from their primary and looking for that second-level block. The only problem is, they aren't first making sure their primary is OUT OF THE PLAY. I cannot count how many times I've seen a "blocked" defender make the tackle, only to see our O Linemen standing around, not engaged with anyone.

* While we're on the subject of the O Line, I learned that Holding will not be called in the B1G, no matter how blatant. It's too bad our Offensive coaches haven't figured this out yet. Maybe they will, someday.

* I learned that we make adjustments sometimes, but not all the time, on this team. Bo has made some excellent halftime adjustments this year. But not this game. The same three plays burned us all game long. I cannot fathom how a "defensive genius" cannot figure out how to stop a slant, on the fly, after the first NW drive. Baffling.

* I learned that Tim Beck's playbook has ZERO plays that go to the outside, aside from the Option/Speed Option. We have speed to burn on this offense, yet we don't use it. Teams like Northwestern shouldn't be hard to get outside on. Yesterday, it was not only impossible, we barely tried.

* I learned that Kyler Reed is our best pass-catching TE, so we predominantly use him for blocking (at which he is abysmal), and I learned that Ben Cotton is a very good blocking TE, so of course we predominantly use him for pass-catching, at which he is average. Apparently our coaches are more interested in trying to catch the opponent off guard than simply doing what we are good at.

Good point on the holding, but I thought the blocks in the back were even more obvious? It's one thing to have a huge hole for NW to run through, but another when our defenders come back to the hole only to be shoved in the back and not able to make a play, and it's a big yardage rush for the Wildcats.

Unless they've changed the rules, it is legal to block in the back if done between the tackles and within three yards either way of the line of scrimmage.

Some more things we learned:

* It is already too late to not have wasted the redshirt years of Jamal Turner, Braylon Heard and/or Aaron Green. If you're not going to use them, don't put them in the freaking game.

* We are the only team in the B1G who doesn't understand the concept of blocking. Our O Line is consistently disengaging from their primary and looking for that second-level block. The only problem is, they aren't first making sure their primary is OUT OF THE PLAY. I cannot count how many times I've seen a "blocked" defender make the tackle, only to see our O Linemen standing around, not engaged with anyone.

* While we're on the subject of the O Line, I learned that Holding will not be called in the B1G, no matter how blatant. It's too bad our Offensive coaches haven't figured this out yet. Maybe they will, someday.

* I learned that we make adjustments sometimes, but not all the time, on this team. Bo has made some excellent halftime adjustments this year. But not this game. The same three plays burned us all game long. I cannot fathom how a "defensive genius" cannot figure out how to stop a slant, on the fly, after the first NW drive. Baffling.

* I learned that Tim Beck's playbook has ZERO plays that go to the outside, aside from the Option/Speed Option. We have speed to burn on this offense, yet we don't use it. Teams like Northwestern shouldn't be hard to get outside on. Yesterday, it was not only impossible, we barely tried.

* I learned that Kyler Reed is our best pass-catching TE, so we predominantly use him for blocking (at which he is abysmal), and I learned that Ben Cotton is a very good blocking TE, so of course we predominantly use him for pass-catching, at which he is average. Apparently our coaches are more interested in trying to catch the opponent off guard than simply doing what we are good at.

Lol!!

Damn, your TE desciption is funny as heck but true too.....haha....bizarro world. Good point. Sad & funny, but good point.

I saw the same thing with our Oline! They're usually standing around watching three or four Wildcats gang-tackle Super Rex. Seriously, over & over. Wtf?? Just when I start piping in how Garrison & Barney are moving mountains they do this to me. Our Oline and coaching are superb at ego control.

Besides not using the triplets on the edge, we don't use Tmart as a running threat either. I've seen "two" plays this year where mis-direction plays had Tmart going for the edge......one for about 25 yds & the other for around 35 yds but called back for penalty. Good thing we don't use that.

Haha...what a mess.

To me, the most glaring of all is our Oline. My God, if we can't punch NW in the mouth.......

GBR!!

Really thought our OL could push them around but could not. Disappointing. Thought Saturday would have been a good game to see more of the triplets, because of NW's D and to rest Rex up for PSU, didn't happen and now we'll be going into Happy Valley with a worn out Rex and against a better D.