Do we have a young team?

Is our team young?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This thread brings up a good point. We are a young team. Personally though I still think it boils down to having playmakers and/or difference makers. It seems like the guys who come close to that are being underutlilized. We have vets who haven't held their own as much as I thought they would this season. As for coaches I'd really like to see Nebraska part ways with Barney Cotton.

while the D as a whole is young the fact that we lose David and Dennard next year REALLY worries me. I just dont see us getting any better next year.

Thats why when i see new guys in the secondary getting playing time, although its painful to watch when they give up a big gain. I tend to remember a few days later, these guys are coming back next year and will be better because of the experience they learn. LB squad. I will agree with you. We not only lose David, but Whaley and May. Leaving just Compton, Fisher and Stoddard with any real experience in the LB spots. Trevor Roach was rotated in early this season, haven't seen him since. Martin may switch back to LB, but i dont think we should rely on that. Its the other 10 or so young LB back there that haven't been out on the field so far this year that makes me think, who is going to step up next year? Santos will probably come in highly touted, but the question will be, can he contribute as a redshirted freshman on a defense that, well, lets face facts, has not performed very well against the run in the past two years, in a run heavy league?

If you remember, in 2009 opponents avg. 93 yds per game against Neb. 2010 it was 153 yds per game. (credit goes to losing Suh) But it 2011, with the exception of losing Pierre Allen, our returning starters on the defense have given up close to 161 yds per game. Granted the season isn't over, we still have Silas Redd, Denard Robinson, and Marcus Coker to defend. I was expecting a lower number to reflect a defensive front that made an effort to slow the run.