How does the PSU situation affect your feelings about the B1G?

WhatDoIKnow

Hey mods, I know there is another thread about the PSU situation, but this is about our feelings towards the conference, and not meant to discuss the issue itself.

I am not going to go into the PSU situation, as there is plenty of information out there.

When Nebraska was a member of the Big8/12 I believe a lot of us looked down on the Big Ten especially as a football conference. Now that we are a member of the B1G, I have been trying to reverse my own thoughts a bit. I understand there are many "academic" benefits to being associated with the conference.

I know the PSU issue goes way beyond football, but right or wrong, I get a sick feeling in my stomach just thinking we are now associated with that university. And as luck would have it, they are the next game on the schedule. I have a huge "dislike" for Texas, but whatever we perceived they did, is not comparison to these issues.

Right now, I really don't care about the game at all. This really puts things into perspective.

This clearly belongs in the Big Ten forum. Further, it is entirely based on the Sandusky situation. Why not just tack it into the ongoing discussion? I'll let it stand on its own, but it's going into the appropriate forum (not Husker Football), and if it turns into a rehash of the other thread, we're just going to continue the discussion in there.

doesn't change much for me. the players on that field had no part of it. they shouldn't be drug into this mess, and we shouldn't judge them differently just because they are associated w/ Penn State. we shouldn't feel any different being a part of the Big Ten either. are there Catholic players on our team? Do you feel differently about them? do you feel differently about Bo being Catholic? Of course not, despite the rampant allegations and proven association with the Catholic church and the same acts that occured at PSU. it's not universal - and if your feelings towards PSU have changed then you are implying that it is.

we'll see how it plays out, and I might lose a little respect for Joe Pa...but to tell you the truth the longer he's stays the less respect I have for the guy anway.

This clearly belongs in the Big Ten forum. Further, it is entirely based on the Sandusky situation. Why not just tack it into the ongoing discussion? I'll let it stand on its own, but it's going into the appropriate forum (not Husker Football), and if it turns into a rehash of the other thread, we're just going to continue the discussion in there.

That's fair.

I don't see why this would change anyone's opinion on the Big 10. It's not like the Big 10 was intentionally harboring child abusing criminals, running an underage sex ring, or anything like that. The people involved will presumably be held responsible. Now if there is some evidence that the Big 10 is somehow responsible or culpable, let's hear it.