Offensive Line Scheme

knapplc

I am going to have a coronary watching our Line block. We have to have the dumbest blocking scheme in history. How many times do we scrape off the man in front of us to get a hat on a second-level defender, only to have the D Lineman passed by make the tackle? And how many times must this happen before we realize this is a losing proposition?

We are ten games into the season now. It's time to figure this out, coaches.

It is not the coaches and scheme necessarily. It is that we have some real numbskulls playing on both sides of the ball not making plays. We are our own worst enemy. Always. and until we start recruiting superior football players you will bite your nail each week wondering who will miss a block or a tackle or miss a catch.

It is not the coaches and scheme necessarily. It is that we have some real numbskulls playing on both sides of the ball not making plays. We are our own worst enemy. Always. and until we start recruiting superior football players you will bite your nail each week wondering who will miss a block or a tackle or miss a catch.

It is definitely scheme. When we go hat-on-hat we can make good blocks. But time after time they simply let the first man through and seek the second-level block. It's not being a numbskull, it's what they're told to do on a particular play.

I am going to have a coronary watching our Line block. We have to have the dumbest blocking scheme in history. How many times do we scrape off the man in front of us to get a hat on a second-level defender, only to have the D Lineman passed by make the tackle? And how many times must this happen before we realize this is a losing proposition?

We are ten games into the season now. It's time to figure this out, coaches.

Any relation to the dumbest team in america....that's all I could think of when I read that.

Anyway...I was wondering about this today. Every "bad" running play for psu was stil a 2 yard gain.

knapp, the guard/center gaps have been eaten alive all year. The right side just seems to shore up a lot more when Choi is next to Caputo. I love the fight of Caputo, but he gets manhandled a ton, when Arod is next to him, it just gets worse.

Personally think Choi needs to start next week because Mike Martin will be a force in the middle all day long

Our blocking scheme provides more opportunities for large gains. If we can scrape the first defender enough to get to the second level, it provides more of those 7-15 yard gains. It's really not a bad scheme, our players just do not know how to execute it.

I get the theory behind what we're doing. But between theory and execution, the scrape technique doesn't work for us. It's game ten. I would presume by now the coaches would have self-scouted enough to see that we are not running this scheme correctly, and shelved it.