Objectively……..What few teams CAN’T we compete with….??

Comish

Oklahoma State, Clemson, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Oregon, Stanford, Arkansas, LSU, Alabama, UGA.

That's just stupid. We beat Oklahoma State in their house last year and lost by 3 to Oklahoma with a gimpy QB (had a big lead on them at halftime before Martinez got hurt again too) but now we couldn't compete with them?

The ONLY team on that list we have no chance to beat is Oregon. Horrible matchup for us. Other than that we could beat any one of those teams - including Wisconsin.

Youre not being objective. Look at our defense compared to last years.No one with any objective thinking or common sense think we could beat oklahoma state. Do you even pay attention to nebraska football? Look who we lost last year from our secondary, there is no way this year's secondary could match with oklahoma states offense. I cant believe youre using last year as a reason we could compete with them this year, that is a stupid argument. You do realiize most of our secondary went to the nfl and we did have one of the best secondaries in ncaa football last year, right?

With that being said, we'd lose for sure to lsu, alabama(richardson would run all over us), oregon, okie state, oklahoma, arkansas. Wisconsin, Standford (Luck would have a hayday against our defense, and sadly kansas state would all be toss ups.

I am being objective. The question isn't who we could beat but who we could be competitive with in a hypothetical matchup.

I'm more than aware of what we lost off last year's Defense but we have also seen this defense is capable of playing better when they play the schemes they did last year as opposed to the ones they played much of this year and against the style of Offenses that Oklahoma State is. They don't run the TE underneath or run the little shunt plays like Northwestern did, they don't scramble with the QB, they still try to stretch the field vertically with 4 wide sets and throw the ball 8 yards and up while mixing in the run game. What OSU does is still very much what Nebraska's Defense was designed to cover and they can still do that with the personnel we have. And Denard can still cover Blackmon 1 on 1 he did last year and he can now that he's healthy this year.

Would we give up a ton of points to OSU? Probably... but I've also seen them get relatively held in check Texas A&M on the road and by a HORRIBLE Arizona team at home (They scored 37 points against Arizona at home). And I've seen them give up 30 points to teams like Kansas, Tulsa and Texas and give up 45 to Kansas State.

IF Nebraska played really well we could score in the low 50's - high 40's against their D and could hold them to about the same, especially if we get them on a day where they aren't firing at peak performance.

Again the Question isn't if we could beat them consistently, it was could we COMPETE with them on any given Saturday for one game and objectively I say with the team we have, yes we could. And that isn't to say we don't get completely blown out either.

Again the ONLY team I see right now that we have absolutely zero chance on any given Saturday to beat is Oregon. Everyone else we could compete with and potentially beat with the right bounces on the right day.

Any team can beat anyone with the right bounces though. Look at how slow our secondary is compared to okie state and if i remember correctly, prince covered blackmon. Blackmon still had over 100 yards receiving. Our nickle and dime backs would get torched because they are slow! Oklahoma State would have no problem beating us 8 out of ten times. alabama and lsu would stuff our offense and could run the ball against our weak run D. In conclusion, if you go by "the way the ball bounces" then any team in the top 40 would have a chance to beat any team with that logic!