Objectively……..What few teams CAN’T we compete with….??

Comish

Those were gifts eh? All three to wide open Badgers with no receivers around? You guys have short memories.

Yes. That is pretty much exactly what I'm saying. You want to see an earned interception, look at Neb's Lance Thorell jumping B.J. Cunningham's route early in the MSU game. It was a well-thrown ball, the DB just made a great play on it. On the three interceptions Martinez threw against Wisconsin, there was basically no chance that the WR would even touch the ball. Watching those throws, if you didn't know any better, you'd think Martinez was trying to throw it to the red jerseys. Those were terrible throws, terrible decisions.

I'll credit Wisconsin for creating a gameplan built to stop the big play and wait for Nebraska to make a stupid mistake - it worked. But it worked because Nebraska made stupid mistakes, not because Wisconsin has some all-world, LSU-like ball-hawking secondary.

So what you're saying is 'Badgerfan, check out the games we've won, and don't pay any mind to the games we've lost'.

These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Jason - I've seen a couple of your posts in this thread, talking about who would beat us. That's not what the OP asked. The OP asked who we couldn't compete with. We beat PSU, but it was competitive. It's not who would we beat, or who would we be competitive with, it's who COULDN'T we be COMPETITIVE with?

In my opinion, we could be competitive with Wisconsin, if we were to eliminate the self-inflicted wounds, and the offense (and Taylor) has improved at that significantly since the UW game.

To answer the OP, I don't think we could be competitive with LSU, Alabama, or Oregon. I actually think we could compete with OSU (I don't even think they're as good as they were last year without Holgorsen calling the plays). After those teams, we can compete with anybody if we take care of ourselves.

I don't think we'd be competitive against Okie St. Just my opinion I suppose

Those were gifts eh? All three to wide open Badgers with no receivers around? You guys have short memories.

Yes. That is pretty much exactly what I'm saying. You want to see an earned interception, look at Neb's Lance Thorell jumping B.J. Cunningham's route early in the MSU game. It was a well-thrown ball, the DB just made a great play on it. On the three interceptions Martinez threw against Wisconsin, there was basically no chance that the WR would even touch the ball. Watching those throws, if you didn't know any better, you'd think Martinez was trying to throw it to the red jerseys. Those were terrible throws, terrible decisions.

I'll credit Wisconsin for creating a gameplan built to stop the big play and wait for Nebraska to make a stupid mistake - it worked. But it worked because Nebraska made stupid mistakes, not because Wisconsin has some all-world, LSU-like ball-hawking secondary.

So what you're saying is 'Badgerfan, check out the games we've won, and don't pay any mind to the games we've lost'.

Jason - I've seen a couple of your posts in this thread, talking about who would beat us. That's not what the OP asked. The OP asked who we couldn't compete with. We beat PSU, but it was competitive. It's not who would we beat, or who would we be competitive with, it's who COULDN'T we be COMPETITIVE with?

In my opinion, we could be competitive with Wisconsin, if we were to eliminate the self-inflicted wounds, and the offense (and Taylor) has improved at that significantly since the UW game.

To answer the OP, I don't think we could be competitive with LSU, Alabama, or Oregon. I actually think we could compete with OSU (I don't even think they're as good as they were last year without Holgorsen calling the plays). After those teams, we can compete with anybody if we take care of ourselves.

Like I said earlier. We played a great game and beat NU soundly in many departments. Both our Offense and Defense are in the top 10 in the country, NU is lucky to be in the mid-30's at the highest. Rationalize your earlier loss however you like...I do not think NU would be competitive with UW in Indianapolis which is a moot point considering NU won't be going.

Your top 10 defense and top 10 offense didn't guarantee you wins over OSU and MSU. Wisconsin isn't even remotely close to being invincible.

Yeah, Wisconsin handed it to Nebraska in the first game, for a variety of reasons. Wisconsin played very well. Nebraska also played very poorly. That's an objective way of looking at that game. Not, "Wisconsin and Nebraska both played to their potential and Wisconsin's potential is simply 31 points better than Nebraska's." That's simply not the case.

If that was how that game was, if Wisconsin really was that much better than Nebraska, Wisconsin shouldn't have had any trouble handling OSU and MSU, seeing how Nebraska handled both of them. If Wisconsin were that good, they wouldn't have needed Ohio State to lose to Purdue to get the division lead back.

No team in this conference is invincible. I've seen virtually invincible teams. Wisconsin isn't close.

• Fire 1

I don't think we'd be competitive against Okie St. Just my opinion I suppose

I'll give Ok. St. more credit when they don't give up 45 points to Kansas State.

Like I said earlier. We played a great game and beat NU soundly in many departments. Both our Offense and Defense are in the top 10 in the country, NU is lucky to be in the mid-30's at the highest. Rationalize your earlier loss however you like...I do not think NU would be competitive with UW in Indianapolis which is a moot point considering NU won't be going.

Now we aren't even going huh? If Indiana or Northwestern do their part and we do ours we still have a chance to be in Indy. You're justing getting defensive because Nebraska fans are sticking up for their team. I'll be the first to admit that our team has been inconsistent as hell, but I don't care what team is playing what team. It's hard to beat the same team twice in a season no matter who it is. If, and that's a HUGE if, we make it to Indy IMO you won't see the same game between UW and NU.

Those were gifts eh? All three to wide open Badgers with no receivers around? You have a short memory.

Badger fan not sure what ur saying; all three of those picks were horrible throws to WR that were either open or right at the defender that was in the zone. Not one of them was even close to being the right throw. If you wanna say ur defenders made huge plays sorry noone here is going to agree with you. I dont know if I have blinders on or I REALLy believe we can compete with u guys. Like the post says who cant we compete with...... Well sorry Badgers are not one of those teams!!!!!! GBR!!!!!

Well badgerfan you have to remember right now ur second in your division and that means right now ur not going either.....

Now we aren't even going huh? If Indiana or Northwestern do their part and we do ours we still have a chance to be in Indy. You're justing getting defensive because Nebraska fans are sticking up for their team. I'll be the first to admit that our team has been inconsistent as hell, but I don't care what team is playing what team. It's hard to beat the same team twice in a season no matter who it is. If, and that's a HUGE if, we make it to Indy IMO you won't see the same game between UW and NU.

Ok, I'm the crazy one for thinking that Nebraska won't go to CCG because Northwestern and Indiana won't upset MSU and Nebraska won't drop a game to Michigan or Iowa...yea I'm crazy

Apparently I'm also crazy for thinking that a team that already lost by +30 points to UW and lost to a 3-5 team somehow won't show up against UW...yea I'm definitely a nut.

That's a joke right?... Overall, across CFB factoring in every conference with a CG the first time winner wins the rematch in the CG nearly 70%

of the time. Be honest, its hard for Nebraska to beat the same team twice (Hi Huskies!) not for everybody.

I got defensive? Read the whole thread...

Oklahoma State, Clemson, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Oregon, Stanford, Arkansas, LSU, Alabama.

That's what started this...that's how I touched a nerve with Nebraska fans...the thread asked for objective opinions and I provided mine....who's getting defensive?

Ok, I'm the crazy one for thinking that Nebraska won't go to CCG because Northwestern and Indiana won't upset MSU and Nebraska won't drop a game to Michigan or Iowa...yea I'm crazy

Apparently I'm also crazy for thinking that a team that already lost by +30 points to UW and lost to a 3-5 team will somehow show up against UW...yea I'm definitely a nut.

This is incredibly, laughably false... Overall, across CFB factoring in every conference with a CG the first time winner wins the rematch in the CG nearly 70%

of the time.

I got defensive? Read the rest of the thread...

Oklahoma State, Clemson, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Oregon, Stanford, Arkansas, LSU, Alabama.

That's what started this...that's how I touched a nerve with Nebraska fans...who's getting defensive?

Okay, now you're putting words in my mouth, I never called you crazy, but if it helps get your point across and makes you feel better then go ahead and say I called you crazy. You got defensive after Nebraska fans started questioning whether Wisconsin could beat us again or not. I never said Nebraska fans weren't getting defensive, but guess what? We are allowed to get defensive on our own board for crying-out-loud! What did you expect?!

Can we beat Northwestern?

When we can do that, then maybe we should think about Vandy.

Some figure we have a major problem with Michigan, but yet feel we will be competitive against Bama.

I would drink the Kool Aid, but you guys have dranken all of it and have ordered the next 20 years of it.

We are not good, period. Lucky Penn State had the problems they had or that would have been a loss.

I want us to win as badly as any of you, but listen to what you are saying.

If a KState fan came in here spouting this crapy you would go nuts.

We could beat Okie Lite because we beat them last year, get a clue.

Lets just win what is left and worry about who we might get in a bowl game. Win that and then maybe we have the right to talk like we matter. Currently we are a trivial little program in the nations eyes, squirming to say we belong in a BCS bowl with elite teams.

Remember we can not win at home against non ranked cellar dwellars. yea give us LSU, BAMA, Oregon, Okie LIte, Arkansas, Washington who we got by at our house, and SC steam rolls, their team with nothing to play for.

I love the Huskers, but our fans are beyond delusional. We keep setting ourselves up for heart break, scream at the team, and players when we lose and then a week later we are world beaters. How is that possible.

Good post...nice to see someone who's a little realistic.

Apparently I'm also crazy for thinking that a team that already lost by +30 points to UW and lost to a 3-5 team will somehow show up against UW...yea I'm definitely a nut.

This is incredibly, laughably false... Overall, across CFB factoring in every conference with a CG the first time winner wins the rematch in the CG nearly 70%

of the time.

That's what started this...that's how I touched a nerve with Nebraska fans...who's getting defensive?

Okay, now you're putting words in my mouth, I never called you crazy, but if it helps get your point across and makes you feel better then go ahead and say I called you crazy. You got defensive after Nebraska fans started questioning whether Wisconsin could beat us again or not. I never said Nebraska fans weren't getting defensive, but guess what? We are allowed to get defensive on our own board for crying-out-loud! What did you expect?!

Rhetorical device

I never said you weren't allowed to be defensive but don't throw that at me with the intent of dismissing me or my opinions.

What do I expect?

If you truly are the "greatest fans in college football", I would expect, provided that I do not break forum rules, the same treatment that NU fans receive on this board (at least from a moderator.) Often times that has not been the case.

of the time.

Rhetorical device

I never said you weren't allowed to be defensive but don't throw that at me like its something bad.

What do I expect?

If you truly are the "greatest fans in college football", I would expect, provided that I do not break forum rules, the same treatment that NU fans receive on this board (at least from a moderator), often times that has not been the case.

You do get the same treatment? I would've said the same thing to a Nebraska fan and have in fact done that. Don't bring out the whole moderator thing like I'm supposed to kiss your rear end because I don't do that with anyone. I have no issues with you, I think you're hilarious and a great addition to the board. Love the fact that there is someone else here that's a fan of another school, I would love to have more and we already have several. Also, that greatest fans in college football tag was put on us by other people, we've never claimed to be the greatest fans in college football and if you must know, most Nebraska fans hate that tagline and also hate the fact that was put above every gate at Memorial Stadium, thanks Pedersen. You've got to understand if you start trying to say NU isn't going to do this and NU isn't going to do that, you're going to feel some resistance from this fanbase.

• Fire 1

of the time.

Rhetorical device

I never said you weren't allowed to be defensive but don't throw that at me like its something bad.

What do I expect?

If you truly are the "greatest fans in college football", I would expect, provided that I do not break forum rules, the same treatment that NU fans receive on this board (at least from a moderator), often times that has not been the case.

You do get the same treatment? I would've said the same thing to a Nebraska fan and have in fact done that. Don't bring out the whole moderator thing like I'm supposed to kiss your rear end because I don't do that with anyone. I have no issues with you, I think you're hilarious and a great addition to the board. Love the fact that there is someone else here that's a fan of another school, I would love to have more and we already have several. Also, that greatest fans in college football tag was put on us by other people, we've never claimed to be the greatest fans in college football and if you must know, most Nebraska fans hate that tagline and also hate the fact that was put above every gate at Memorial Stadium, thanks Pedersen. You've got to understand if you start trying to say NU isn't going to do this and NU isn't going to do that, you're going to feel some resistance from this fanbase.

Not what I meant to imply but so be it.

Anyhow, I made my point long ago and this is not the direction I wanted to take it...thread's completely been hijacked and I just spent the past hour of my life arguing on the internet with people I don't know. Damn, not how I wanted to spend my day.

For my sake and the sake of the thread I'll throw it into the stack of stuff I don't read on the internet. :thumbs

This thread is getting ridiculous. Back to topic. We'd get killed by LSU, Bama and Oregon and Okie St. Last year has nothing to do with anything. This year, in my OBJECTIVE opinion, we may only stop Oregon or Ok. St. on defense once, maybe twice. Other than that, they would score every time they touch the ball. Yes, their defenses aren't the best, but they'd only have to stop our offense a few times to win the game. And let's face it, every game this year our offense has stalled at one point or another during the game. We do not have the speed or stamina on defense to keep up with Oregon and we do not have the secondary or D-line to match up with OSU. Weeden would have days in the pocket to find his receivers.

As far as UW goes, they'd prob. still beat us because I think they have a better team this season, but it'd be more competitive.

Po,

I admire you for stating that. Reality has to be seen some time or another on this board. We have to understand we are not the 90's teams. We are moving forward I think, but we seem to get the cart ahead of the horse.

I rain on these threads for that reason. Honestly state what is realistic, hope for greater play and live with what we have. If we do that we will not have the melt downs, the angry hateful posts.

We are a good team, and possibly moving towards being a very good team. But we are terribly inconsistent and have been for quite awhile. To be elite or to beat elite teams you have to be consistent. It takes time to establish that.

Cheer for the Huskers as if there was no tomorrow, but cut back our delusional ideas of playing with the elite of college football until it is possible. That will make being a Husker fan far more enjoyable. None of us like losing, but looking at things in a neutral fashion and not with our hearts makes things bareable in my mind.

We have a very tough game this coming weekend. And as I stated they are the three most important games in Bo's Nebraska career. Lets hope we win them all for ours and his sake.