Newbie Here

chuckd

Hey everyone

I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks and decided I wanted N. I've enjoyed reading the comments here and am hoping to get engaged in some of the discussion.

I'll tell you a little about myself (also posted in the profile sticky page) I am 20 years old and from Hastings Ne. Right now I am living in Lincoln while attending UNL. My claim to fame ;) is that I tackled Todd Peterson in high school (a couple of times) I also gave up a grand slam to Johnny Dorn, but I don't really like to bring that up :o .

Anyway, I am excited about the direction the program is headed and think that this staff is doing a lot of good things, obviously they (and the team) have some things they can improve on, but then again we all do :thumbs .

Well, thats all for how, again it's great to be here and look forward to contributing.

Thanks

chuckd

I am from Grand Island ( but also go to the U) and let me tell you that town is proud of it's home town kids... Wes Wilkinson, Todd Peterson and Kurt Mann... cool thing is that i played ball with kurt, so it's fun reminicsing about those days... i hear ya chuck....welcome aboard

:box

Hey everyone

I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks and decided I wanted N. I've enjoyed reading the comments here and am hoping to get engaged in some of the discussion.

I'll tell you a little about myself (also posted in the profile sticky page) I am 20 years old and from Hastings Ne. Right now I am living in Lincoln while attending UNL. My claim to fame ;) is that I tackled Todd Peterson in high school (a couple of times) I also gave up a grand slam to Johnny Dorn, but I don't really like to bring that up :o .

Anyway, I am excited about the direction the program is headed and think that this staff is doing a lot of good things, obviously they (and the team) have some things they can improve on, but then again we all do :thumbs .

Well, thats all for how, again it's great to be here and look forward to contributing.

Thanks

chuckd

Hey ChuckD

My sister and Bro-in law live in Hastings. They were both Broncos in their day. In fact my BIL's mom and dad teach at Hastings college. I grew up an hour south of you in Superior.

It is funny how you mention what you are famous for. Not that I am famous, but Marc Boreigter of the K.C. Chiefs was second string to my BIL when he played for the Broncos.

I can't tell you how much time I spent in Hastings as a teenager. It was the only place close with anything to do....GI was better though. I still remeber playing Adam Central in football...they were huge compared to us, but we got our licks in.

You going to the game on saturday?

Yup, I'll be there Saturday. I have a friend that goes to Iowa State that is coming up (don't worry he's a huge Husker fan) He came for the ISU game this year and I have to say that was one of the best atmospheres I have ever seen. Hopefully saturday will be even better :)

Go Big Red

Hey everyone

Thanks

chuckd

When I was in Little leauge, Mark Derosa (played for the Braves and now with the Texas Rangers) hit a grand slam homerun off of me when I was 10.

Hey everyone

I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks and decided I wanted N.  I've enjoyed reading the comments here and am hoping to get engaged in some of the discussion.

I'll tell you a little about myself (also posted in the profile sticky page)  I am 20 years old and from Hastings Ne.  Right now I am living in Lincoln while attending UNL.  My claim to fame ;) is that I tackled Todd Peterson in high school (a couple of times) I also gave up a grand slam to Johnny Dorn, but I don't really like to bring that up :o

Thanks

chuckd

When I was in Little leauge, Mark Derosa (played for the Braves and now with the Texas Rangers) hit a grand slam homerun off of me when I was 10.

Wow, that must have sucked at the time. :)