The "IT" Factor - Does Bo Have it?

Landomatic

I thought the "it" factor was pretty clearly defined in the OP.

You defined it as "that intangible "IT" factor." A self-defining thing is inherently undefined.

Well I also went on to further define it as...

That swagger, that savvy, that demeanor that, "when he walks in the room, everyone stands up and listens" factor. Another way to look at it, put Bo in the room with any of the top coaches in the country and who's the alpha dog?

I guess I can see how people would argue whether or not he has it or whether someone can grow into it or if they're just born with it. But I didn't realize the concept itself was that foreign. Maybe it's just me I guess...

Luckily it's not you that has to define "IT." It's TO, as I said in the post that started this exchange. TO knows what factors the head coach at Nebraska needs, and he's hired his man. If that man decides not to embody the factors necessary to successfully be the head coach here, I'm certain he'll move on or be moved on.

But nothing we've seen so far says Bo doesn't have "IT."

Luckily it's not you that has to define "IT." It's TO, as I said in the post that started this exchange. TO knows what factors the head coach at Nebraska needs, and he's hired his man. If that man decides not to embody the factors necessary to successfully be the head coach here, I'm certain he'll move on or be moved on.

You're right but that doesn't mean I have to like it. :)

But nothing we've seen so far says Bo doesn't have "IT.

I've seen plenty to make me question whether or not this is the case.

I thought the "it" factor was pretty clearly defined in the OP.

You defined it as "that intangible "IT" factor." A self-defining thing is inherently undefined.

Well I also went on to further define it as...

That swagger, that savvy, that demeanor that, "when he walks in the room, everyone stands up and listens" factor. Another way to look at it, put Bo in the room with any of the top coaches in the country and who's the alpha dog?

I guess I can see how people would argue whether or not he has it or whether someone can grow into it or if they're just born with it. But I didn't realize the concept itself was that foreign. Maybe it's just me I guess...

So it is "Swagger" "people standing" and "Alpha dog"? Here's what swagger means: "A very confident and typically arrogant or aggressive gait or manner." That's NOT Bo Pelini? As for the rest, I've never seen anyone who wasn't obligated to (e.g. players) stand and listen when a coach entered a room. And Alpha? A room full of D1 head coaches is going to have far fewer betas than alphas.

People only have "it" in retrospect or when they're trying to be sold as something that is popular only because of everyone talking about how they're popular (e.g. "It Girl"). It's a vacuous descriptor and trying to find any similarities of "it" coaches throughout history will probably show many different permutations of personality types.