Murtha

Fanatic

I was looking on rivals for how many points they gave to a 4* CB and a 4*OL and it was about a 100 points for each. And if you add 200 points to our total points we already have, that put us at about 22nd!!! I am probaly wrong with my calculations, but even if it is around 22nd and thinking about the possibilities we still have, the class of 2004 looks all right!!!

not a huge surprise but Lemming has Murtha as the #1 OT overall. pretty sweet

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/...page=2004topots

and it looks like this ranking has been in effect since before we began talking to him, and even before Cally was hired, so it wasnt a biased move just to make us look better. but Im sure Lemm was a strong influencer to Call to pursue Murth and possibly even vice versa..

Murtha posted on a husker message board today. Here are his quotes:

(Yes this was him by the way).

what happened at my visit to Nebraska was night and day compared to my visit to minnesota. Nothing even close happened at Nebraska as it did with my Minnesota visit. I assure all Nebraska fans that Minnesota has nothing better to do than rip on a 18 yr old player because he decommited to a low class college. I cant wait to be a husker and Minnesota needs to quit posing with lies and simply get over it. ~Lydon...one more thing to get out of the way, go huskers.

when asked what sealed the deal for him at NU:

I never check message boards but this will be the last time I talk on one. My visit to Nebraska was so professional and organized, I as an athlete could not ask for a better team, coach, and all around atmosphere. A lot has been said about my commitment and when it is all said and done, the fact is I Lydon Murtha like Nebraska more than Minnesota. That is simple and very direct. Minnesota has done many things for me in the past and I am very greatful for all of it. As for my visit I was as pleased as a player could be. My host was Stu Bradley and he is now my "boy". He and I connected instantly and with the team as well. We had lots of fun all weekend with the players that I appreciated it greatly. My decommittment to Minnesota was actually easy in terms of where my heart felt right at. I wish people would respect my decision I have made and leave it at that. Coach Callahan is a very respectable coach and I believe he will make this program sore from the start. The fan support as well as financial support is amazing. When you hear Nebraska football, it means football at its best. Teams are scared when they hear about the Cornhuskers. Every person has there own view on the team and what they are about. I have my opinion and mine is the first day I have the chance to strap it up. Thanks to all-Lydon

Welcome aboard LM, and welcome to the way it should be!! I think you'll like it here ;) Best of luck to you!

brj

another OWH article also: http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_np=0&u_pg...38&u_sid=987333