Current Commits

Rodeno

I think the drops will get better. Once Jamal starts practicing well, we'll see more of his big-plays. Kenny Bell is still a frosh too. Enunwa is a sophomore and I've heard good things about Taariq Allen on the scout team. We really need an influx of LB and DL talent right now, in my opinion. I'm sure we'll grab at least two WRs next year. Probably more. It's the same reason we're not chasing RBs this year. We've got good youth there. Defense needs young talent.

+1 about the LBers!

For sure, after Compton and David they don't have much, and with David being a senior, that position group could really be hurting next year. last years class had what, two LB's? David Santos is a talented kid, and they also got Max Pirman. When I was coaching in Ohio the last couple of years I got to see Pirman play in person and wasn't overly impressed, good athlete, and big kid, but he missed a lot of time throughout high school because of injures. He wasn't really physical, but has all the tools athletically...

I hope they move Pirman to TE.

Two things:

1. This class will only be around 15-17 kids, so the staff is being very selective so no need to worry about only having 8 kids committed so far.

2. The kids we are pursuing are very highly touted, and it's always tough to make them commit when they are not ready to. In-home vists will be key for this class. Looking at past classes, we pulled alot of late big fish after in-home's so color me not worried. If we are in mid-January and we only have 8-10 kids committed then I will be worried.

this i don't get. why does everyone keep saying this? when have we pulled big fish late? (EDIT: i guess you are talking in-homes so mid-december ish - i was thinking january)

none in 09'

cooper/carnes in 10'

peat in 11'

husker recruiting essentially grinds to a halt after christmas - and we have 8 or so spots to fill. hate to be a debbie downer - but nebraska WILL NOT be filling this class with big fish. expect 1 or two solid players and a whole bunch of average joe's at this point.

if we don't have more than 12 before christmas I'm worried

Two things:

1. This class will only be around 15-17 kids, so the staff is being very selective so no need to worry about only having 8 kids committed so far.

2. The kids we are pursuing are very highly touted, and it's always tough to make them commit when they are not ready to. In-home vists will be key for this class. Looking at past classes, we pulled alot of late big fish after in-home's so color me not worried. If we are in mid-January and we only have 8-10 kids committed then I will be worried.

this i don't get. why does everyone keep saying this? when have we pulled big fish late?

none in 09'

cooper/carnes in 10'

peat in 11'

husker recruiting essentially grinds to a halt after christmas - and we have 8 or so spots to fill. hate to be a debbie downer - but nebraska WILL NOT be filling this class with any big fish. expect 1 or two solid players and a whole bunch of average joe's at this point.

Okay maybe I worded it wrong, not alot. But Bo and his staff always seem to do good in in-home visits.

Two things:

this i don't get. why does everyone keep saying this? when have we pulled big fish late? (EDIT: i guess you are talking in-homes so mid-december ish - i was thinking january)

none in 09'

cooper/carnes in 10'

peat in 11'

husker recruiting essentially grinds to a halt after christmas - and we have 8 or so spots to fill. hate to be a debbie downer - but nebraska WILL NOT be filling this class with big fish. expect 1 or two solid players and a whole bunch of average joe's at this point.

if we don't have more than 12 before christmas I'm worried

Fuller, Peat, Rios and VV are pretty big fish, oh and I would also add Sessei (sp?). There is a pretty good chance he staff closes on all 5 of those guys. There are also others like Diggs and Beaver who are possibilities. I think you will see more this year. Also, wasn't Rome a late switch? May be thinking of someone else.

Two things:

this i don't get. why does everyone keep saying this? when have we pulled big fish late?

none in 09'

cooper/carnes in 10'

peat in 11'

husker recruiting essentially grinds to a halt after christmas - and we have 8 or so spots to fill. hate to be a debbie downer - but nebraska WILL NOT be filling this class with any big fish. expect 1 or two solid players and a whole bunch of average joe's at this point.

Okay maybe I worded it wrong, not alot. But Bo and his staff always seem to do good in in-home visits.

I fully agree with this sentiment.

Fuller, Peat, Rios and VV are pretty big fish, oh and I would also add Sessei (sp?). There is a pretty good chance he staff closes on all 5 of those guys. There are also others like Diggs and Beaver who are possibilities. I think you will see more this year. Also, wasn't Rome a late switch? May be thinking of someone else.

We're in on a lot of good guys, but we're always in on some good players at this time of the year. like aspeed said, december is a solid time of year for NU recruiting...but if Christmas comes and goes and we're still sitting at 10ish...i'm going to be worried. And it will take a pretty big swing to end up with 10 in the next 4 weeks, considering we'll likely lose 1 during the month. Also, unlike most, I think the class size will be bigger than 15. last year we were talking about it being around 16ish (weren't there 13 senior scholly players last year?) - and we signed 20 in the end. I believe 19-20 will be the final number again this year. That means expect some late offers to guys like that OL from Cambridge whom we aren't 100% sure on in the first place...and that sucks to me.

it's purely homerish to say you aren't worried about recruiting right now. maybe 30-45 days ago, but it's almost December. we always land guys after they see the game-day in lincoln...I mean we had 10 commit during the season in 2010. 2 this year?

In a time when recruiting is all but wrapped up before the season begins, i find it odd that Nebraska has gone entirely the oposite direction...needing to fill more than half their class post-season. On the bright sight we might get in on some seniors that weren't evaluated as juniors and therefor missed out on some of the recruiting hype...but those are the minority these days.

(and Rome was early october - think he switch from Okie State )

We're in on a lot of good guys, but we're always in on some good players at this time of the year. like aspeed said, december is a solid time of year for NU recruiting...but if Christmas comes and goes and we're still sitting at 10ish...i'm going to be worried. And it will take a pretty big swing to end up with 10 in the next 4 weeks, considering we'll likely lose 1 during the month. Also, unlike most, I think the class size will be bigger than 15. last year we were talking about it being around 16ish (weren't there 13 senior scholly players last year?) - and we signed 20 in the end. I believe 19-20 will be the final number again this year. That means expect some late offers to guys like that OL from Cambridge whom we aren't 100% sure on in the first place...and that sucks to me.

it's purely homerish to say you aren't worried about recruiting right now. maybe 30-45 days ago, but it's almost December. we always land guys after they see the game-day in lincoln...I mean we had 10 commit during the season in 2010. 2 this year?

In a time when recruiting is all but wrapped up before the season begins, i find it odd that Nebraska has gone entirely the oposite direction...needing to fill more than half their class post-season. On the bright sight we might get in on some seniors that weren't evaluated as juniors and therefor missed out on some of the recruiting hype...but those are the minority these days.

(and Rome was early october - think he switch from Okie State )

I am actually not worried about the recruiting piece, I feel pretty good about who they are in on and the chances those prospects will commit to NU. Looking at an average star ranking, Bo and Co have actually done pretty well in bringing in talent, especially the last 2 years. This year is no exception as they are top 10 in that department currently and the prospects they should land won't hurt in that regard. What I will take issue with Bo on is the roster management. If the total this year is only 16-17, that is not getting it done in managing the roster. Half of each recruiting class will not pan out, if you limit numbers of recruits then you significantly reduce your chances of maintaining quality depth.