Current Commits

Rodeno

How many players does Nebraska currently have committed for the class of 2012? Rivals shows only 8...

If Nebraska wants to be a competitive Big-10 program they need to start recruiting better. If we thought Saturday was bad against Michigan, wait a year or two for Michigan's 2012 class to blossom...

Two things:

1. This class will only be around 15-17 kids, so the staff is being very selective so no need to worry about only having 8 kids committed so far.

2. The kids we are pursuing are very highly touted, and it's always tough to make them commit when they are not ready to. In-home vists will be key for this class. Looking at past classes, we pulled alot of late big fish after in-home's so color me not worried. If we are in mid-January and we only have 8-10 kids committed then I will be worried.

Why will this class be so small? I know that this years team only has 20 seniors, but only 15-17 kids coming in, really? I have never heard of a class so small, maybe 20, but not 15. I'm all for the walk-on program, think it is great, and one of the greatest traditions in college football, but if the cause of only having a 15-17 player recruiting class is because of giving walk-on's scholarships, then that is a bit upsetting. It has been painfully obvious this season that Nebraska's depth of talent it mediocre at best...

Any who, I will support the players no matter who they happen to be and no matter how many, or few in this case, they are.

GBR!

Why will this class be so small? I know that this years team only has 20 seniors, but only 15-17 kids coming in, really? I have never heard of a class so small, maybe 20, but not 15. I'm all for the walk-on program, think it is great, and one of the greatest traditions in college football, but if the cause of only having a 15-17 player recruiting class is because of giving walk-on's scholarships, then that is a bit upsetting. It has been painfully obvious this season that Nebraska's depth of talent it mediocre at best...

Any who, I will support the players no matter who they happen to be and no matter how many, or few in this case, they are.

GBR!

Redshirtting alot of the presvious classes plays a major part in a small class, there is alot of talent on the bench waiting their turn. This is a kind of class that brings in the kind of talent to put us over the top. Bo's first couple of classes were mostily to bring in kids to add depth along the front lines, where Callahan didn't do that.

I think the drops will get better. Once Jamal starts practicing well, we'll see more of his big-plays. Kenny Bell is still a frosh too. Enunwa is a sophomore and I've heard good things about Taariq Allen on the scout team. We really need an influx of LB and DL talent right now, in my opinion. I'm sure we'll grab at least two WRs next year. Probably more. It's the same reason we're not chasing RBs this year. We've got good youth there. Defense needs young talent.

I think the drops will get better. Once Jamal starts practicing well, we'll see more of his big-plays. Kenny Bell is still a frosh too. Enunwa is a sophomore and I've heard good things about Taariq Allen on the scout team. We really need an influx of LB and DL talent right now, in my opinion. I'm sure we'll grab at least two WRs next year. Probably more. It's the same reason we're not chasing RBs this year. We've got good youth there. Defense needs young talent.

+1 about the LBers!

GBR!

There may be 20 seniors but how many are on scholarship? I think someone said that we are only losing like 12-14 that are on scholarship, so just adding a couple that lose their scholarship/transfer that's where the 15-17 number is coming from.

GBR!

There may be 20 seniors but how many are on scholarship? I think someone said that we are only losing like 12-14 that are on scholarship, so just adding a couple that lose their scholarship/transfer that's where the 15-17 number is coming from.

That would make absolute sense then, I didn't think about that...

Thanks.

+1 about the LBers!

For sure, after Compton and David they don't have much, and with David being a senior, that position group could really be hurting next year. last years class had what, two LB's? David Santos is a talented kid, and they also got Max Pirman. When I was coaching in Ohio the last couple of years I got to see Pirman play in person and wasn't overly impressed, good athlete, and big kid, but he missed a lot of time throughout high school because of injures. He wasn't really physical, but has all the tools athletically...

GBR!

We have 14 scholarship seniors that are graduating and we are currently at 84 scholarships (1 under the limit of 85 total).

GBR!

We have 14 scholarship seniors that are graduating and we are currently at 84 scholarships (1 under the limit of 85 total).

Thanks for looking at that!