So we can all rest easy now, our DC is not going anywhere :sarcasm . Carl Pelini has denied that he was offered a job.

Back to work nothing to see here. Mods feel free to close all the Carl Pelini job related treads.

Link: http://www.omaha.com...WS/312019740/-1

While he didn't say that Carl accepted the job, TO did comment on how he recommended him for the job. No doubt in my mind that TO wants Carl gone, so he is working to find him a job elsewhere.

Are you a Politician? I don't see how you get TO wanting Carl gone out of TO putting in a good word for him to get a HC job. To me it looks more like a opportunity for a DC to take the jump to become a HC & he got a referal from a coaching legend.

It is.

Bo is one of the best proven DC in the country...getting another one would be silly. Dont get your hopes up NU fans, its not gonna happen.

Do you really believe what you're saying? So having two great defensive minds on one sideline would be "silly".... That makes no sense, I guess since Bo is already the brightest mind on our staff we should just do away with the rest of the defensive staff. I'm sure Bo can handle it.... Sorry, but having two brilliant defensive minds would nothing but benefit Nebraska, and our recruiting efforts of defensive players....

promoting JP for the sole purpose to keeping him on staff is a mistake IMO. If he's qualified that is one thing (but I don't feel he is). It would be a huge missed oportunity if we promote him. The OC/DC should be your absolute best coaches and they are paid to be the best. If JP is promoted and maintains his current role w/ the added "title" with Bo taking on more responsibility in the D then we missed an opportunity to add depth to our coaching staff and bring in someone new and better...not to mention Bo just got stretched thin.

promoting JP for the sole purpose to keeping him on staff is a mistake IMO. If he's qualified that is one thing (but I don't feel he is). It would be a huge missed oportunity if we promote him. The OC/DC should be your absolute best coaches and they are paid to be the best. If JP is promoted and maintains his current role w/ the added "title" with Bo taking on more responsibility in the D then we missed an opportunity to add depth to our coaching staff and bring in someone new and better...not to mention Bo just got stretched thin.

I think that everyone is planning on the promotion of JP because of Bo's "Promote-A-Friend" policy, however I think the lack of qualifications is so obvious in this situation, that even Bo will have to take notice of it. He can still hire a friend, Mike Stoops.

Papuchis seems like a promising coach, but did anyone notice (obviously you all did) the fall of the DLine this year, with almost the exact same players as last year? The DLine was horrible, and this was JP's first year coaching them by himself. Also, if the big fish in the recruiting world that we are going after don't come to Nebraska, then JP has failed in his first year as a Recruiting Coordinator.

I like JP, but he had a rough year, and the promotion to DC would have to be a mistake by Bo....

I think we gotta go outside the program and hire someone. I dont think anyone on the current staff is worthy of being promoted. I dont see Bo taking on dual responsiblities as HC/DC. Yes, TO did it in his time but that was the better part of 15 years ago, times have changed.

We need to go after Mike Stoops he would be an excellent hire.

So we can all rest easy now, our DC is not going anywhere :sarcasm . Carl Pelini has denied that he was offered a job.

Back to work nothing to see here. Mods feel free to close all the Carl Pelini job related treads.

Link: http://www.omaha.com...WS/312019740/-1

While he didn't say that Carl accepted the job, TO did comment on how he recommended him for the job. No doubt in my mind that TO wants Carl gone, so he is working to find him a job elsewhere.

Are you a Politician? I don't see how you get TO wanting Carl gone out of TO putting in a good word for him to get a HC job. To me it looks more like a opportunity for a DC to take the jump to become a HC & he got a referal from a coaching legend.

Agreed. Huskershark... how do you know what Tom wants or does not want? Are you a mind reader?

I recommend people all the time that I would love to retain. Constantly actually. Those who get the best letters of recommendation from me are those that perform the best. I recognize that a great letter increases the likelihood that a great employee will leave... but that is simply what you do... you give an honest assessment when asked. Is it not possible that Tom Osborne might give a great recommendation for Carl because he thinks Carl is, in fact, great? I cannot know what Tom is thinking... but, then again, neither do you.

It might just be a good rec for a good candidate.

Have you been living in a nutshell and not heard about how Carl was sleeping with a booster's wife last year? TO wanted Bo to fire Carl, and Bo told him that if Carl goes, he goes too. Hence, Carl is still here, and TO is taking another route to send him away. No, I am not a mind reader. I'm just saying my interpretation of the situation. Sorry if I didn't spell it out for you.

I've heard the Carl/booster wife situation, but was there ever any actual confirmation that Bo said "I go if Carl goes"... that would seem to create some crazy tension between Osborne, and Bo.

Who knows... If TO did not like Bo, he may have taken that situation and said, "Okay. See ya."

I think that TO likes Bo and sees potential in how he runs his team and embraces Nebraska traditions. THAT is my take, right or wrong, on it. take it or leave it, I'm just throwin it out there.

I've heard the Carl/booster wife situation, but was there ever any actual confirmation that Bo said "I go if Carl goes"... that would seem to create some crazy tension between Osborne, and Bo.

Yes, I think the "booster daughter/wife situation" did actually happened. No proof, just know someone who is friends with the family. If this truely did happen, then I think Carl's leaving is utlimately a good thing. Scandals are something every football program wants to avoid like the plague right now.

Well at least a new DC coaching position makes for some interesting reads coming up before the bowl game! A home run selection for this open position could pay dividends for us in the future!

Who knows... If TO did not like Bo, he may have taken that situation and said, "Okay. See ya."

I think that TO likes Bo and sees potential in how he runs his team and embraces Nebraska traditions. THAT is my take, right or wrong, on it. take it or leave it, I'm just throwin it out there.

Someone asks you if there's any proof to your allegations about Carl sleeping around and you say, "Who knows..."

That's some good proof you've got there.

Someone asks you if there's any proof to your allegations about Carl sleeping around and you say, "Who knows..."

Who would have proof about something like that unless they were the ones involved? It is just widely believed that it happened, so take it at that.

Joe Ganz for QB Coach!

Thats a great selection. But it does offer the question. Do you want Joe Ganz as the QB coach or Turner Gil as a QB coach. Keep in mind that Gil has more experience with the option.

Taking Cotton to FAU would be nice, i won't argue with that. But the likelihood it happens is about 15% chance, vs taking JP as defensive coordinator 50 - 60% chance. Despite the fact that Cotton has been a OC, i don't think its enough for Pelini to take him.

I'd rather have Ganz, to be completely honest. I think Joe Ganz has effectively been the QB Coach this year, anyway. The QB's love him and he's an extremely motivated individual. Plus, he's already got a year of experience dealing with Beck's offense.

Besides all those reasons, I just don't think Bo would want to hire Turner Gill.

Who would have proof about something like that unless they were the ones involved? It is just widely believed that it happened, so take it at that.

Listen, I have no problem with you believing rumors without evidence (I believed the black uniform rumors earlier this year), but you shouldn't base your entire view of someone off of a rumor.

I think we gotta go outside the program and hire someone.  I dont think anyone on the current staff is worthy of being promoted.  I dont see Bo taking on dual responsiblities as HC/DC.  Yes, TO did it in his time but that was the better part of 15 years ago, times have changed.

We need to go after Mike Stoops he would be an excellent hire.

Times changing has little to do with it. It's about control for the coaches. Lane Kiffin pulls double-duty as HC/OC, yet he still pays an OC to consult with, but Lane is really calling the shots on offense. Gary Patterson is doing the same thing at TCU as HC/DC. They're still prevalent in today's landscape.

Personally I'd like to see Bo pull double-duty and reclaim full control of defensive play calling. He can promote JP to DC in title & money. This allows JP to have a "passenger seat" view alongside Bo, giving him experience for his own long term benefit if he wants to be HC elsewhere in the future. In that scenario I'd hire a new DL coach and relieve JP from Special Teams duty by handing it over to Ross Els since he pulled double-duty as LB and Special Teams coach at Ohio.

However if Bo wanted to go for the "splash" hire that most here are hoping for, then yeah, Stoops makes sense. I'm just skeptical that our sideline can handle having that kind of ego between the two of them working alongside each other. If our defense has any meltdowns like we had this season, Bo & Stoops going at each other's throats would be worse than Bo & Carl going at it. It's a risk/reward thing that needs to be considered in such a scenario.

I'll take it!