Now that the regular season is over ...

exswoo

What are your thoughts on The Big Ten vs The Big 12? In addition to the usual conference vs conference questions I was interested in any insights you saw in fan attitudes, tailgating experiences, philosophies, etc.

I realize that there are some threads on this already but I was wondering how you guys all felt after having gone through a full schedule. It's pretty rare for the Big Ten to add members so you guys are probably going to have the most objective view on this matter until next year rolls around (by then I expect you to be too ingrained to the conference to not love everything about it ;) )

Big XII - x + y is waaaaay more offensive. Especially Texass. Every time a Texass fan opens its mouth, its offensive.

Seriously, on the field obvously Big XII is has more offense and Big 10 more defense - Off the field, Big XII is every one for themselves and Big 10 is more about the league. Personally I still am adjusting to the new surroundings

I prefer the B1G over the Big XII. Longer, more storied rivalries and traditions, more defensive-minded, more of a smash-mouth mentality, FAR better TV network. The only real drawback I see is the travel for away games - for Husker fans living in the Motherland, there were always a couple of really close games in the Big XII.

Now, a better comparison (albeit totally irrelevant) is - Big 10 vs. Big 8? For those of us old enough to remember the Big 8, I think the vote would go that way. It was before the spread offenses took hold, the teams were long-time opponents, we had a real rivalry going with Oklahoma, and travel was great.

I prefer the B1G over the Big XII. Longer, more storied rivalries and traditions, more defensive-minded, more of a smash-mouth mentality, FAR better TV network. The only real drawback I see is the travel for away games - for Husker fans living in the Motherland, there were always a couple of really close games in the Big XII.

Now, a better comparison (albeit totally irrelevant) is - Big 10 vs. Big 8? For those of us old enough to remember the Big 8, I think the vote would go that way. It was before the spread offenses took hold, the teams were long-time opponents, we had a real rivalry going with Oklahoma, and travel was great.

This the only thing I miss about the Big12. Those were fun road trips and what made them fun was deciding last minute to make the trek the down there for the game. Lawrence was classy/very friendly. Manhattan was rude because they thought we were the evil ones for breaking up the Big12

Big Ten >> Big XII. Period.

Yea but we have nothing on the Big East. Man that conference has parity, those kids are always beating up on eachother. Maybe someday UW can run with the big boys and join up....someday

I think Louisville can play with anyone in the country. Big win against UCONN headlines their resume.

• Fire 1