Who will be hurting the most next season?

ladyhawke

I can only speak comfortably for Wisconsin but I'm really not that worried about how we're looking for next year.

Pull out some of the magazines that were released last spring...this was supposed to be our rebuilding year. We were supposed to finish a solid third and 2012 make a rebound. Outside of Ogelsby our O-Line will be fine. Don't believe me? Look at some of those freshman and sophomores on our roster. 6'7" thru 6'9" and all but one or two solidly +300lb. Behind them we'll still have some of the best RB's around...if Ball leaves bring in James White who's had nearly 700 yards and 6 TD's on mop up this year and had +1000 yards and 14 TD's last year when he was a freshman.

As far as Russell goes, hey it was nice having him but he can leave without too much apprehension. Can you guys name our QB last year without google? How about in 2006 when we went 12-1? Yea didn't think so. Our system uses smart, efficient game managers and Budamayr who will be a redshirt junior will be perfect. So yea not worried at all.

I'm going to miss Toon though...good thing Abbrederis is much better than where Toon was as a Sophomore.

Scott Tolzein. He was a good QB. I have no idea what Wisconsin has on the shelf for next year, but I cant see them being that good next year considering Ball, Wilson, and Toon are gone. I guess we will see though...

As for Nebraska, I can say this: I feel a heck of a lot better about our defense for next year than I felt after last season. The lack of Gomes and Prince hurt our D early in the season, but Andrew Green and Ciante Evans have been playing well recently, as well as Compton. I think next year we see a deep, experienced D-Line, a couple of good LBs (Compton, Santos, Anderson, Whaley), and a pretty good secondary with Green, Evans, Stafford, SJB, and maybe some of the new guys coming in next year. And we all know what is returning on offense: every good player we have on that side of the ball. Needless to say, I see a good year coming next year, possibly 11 or 12 wins... Who knows, maybe we get that National Championship that we've been waiting for... chuckleshuffle

I can only speak comfortably for Wisconsin but I'm really not that worried about how we're looking for next year.

Pull out some of the magazines that were released last spring...this was supposed to be our rebuilding year. We were supposed to finish a solid third and 2012 make a rebound. Outside of Ogelsby our O-Line will be fine. Don't believe me? Look at some of those freshman and sophomores on our roster. 6'7" thru 6'9" and all but one or two solidly +300lb. Behind them we'll still have some of the best RB's around...if Ball leaves bring in James White who's had nearly 700 yards and 6 TD's on mop up this year and had +1000 yards and 14 TD's last year when he was a freshman.

As far as Russell goes, hey it was nice having him but he can leave without too much apprehension. Can you guys name our QB last year without google? How about in 2006 when we went 12-1? Yea didn't think so. Our system uses smart, efficient game managers and Budamayr who will be a redshirt junior will be perfect. So yea not worried at all.

I'm going to miss Toon though...good thing Abbrederis is much better than where Toon was as a Sophomore.

How I see our season (probably too optimistic but hey)....

NIU

Or St.

USU

UTEP

NU (could be close)

Ill.

PU

U of M

MSU

IU

OSU (Toss up)

PSU (Toss up)

At the very worst I'm thinking a 8 or 9 win season but we'll see. Way too early to really say.

Wiscy is good because Alverez learned from the best: Bob Devaney/Tom Osborne.

Wisconsin will be hurting for sure, because they really dont have a solid backup to Wilson. As far as Nebraska goes, David and Dennard are the best players on the defense, by far! I am really worried about the NU defense for next year, however, Martinez and co. I think will be among the best in the buisness next year. Burkhead, with the 3 sophs., Taylor, Bell, Enunwa.. Really, this offense doesn't lose much to graduation. Not to mention another year of experience for Beck. Feel really good about the offense, defense I am a bit worried.

Agree. Sure doesn't sound like something we would have said at the start of the season, does it?