2011 All B1G Selections - BTN 7:30 ET tonight

ladyhawke

Mildly surprised. Not that Rex isn't deserving, but that they recognized his worth.

Brett Maher was also named First Team All Big Ten. Awesome!

Lavonte David: Butkus-Fitzgerald Linebacker of the Year and 1st-team All-Big Ten

Mike Caputo and Spencer Long were voted by the coaches and media, respectively to the All Big Ten Second Team.

Honorable Mention: Austin Cassidy, Will Compton, Ben Cotton, Marcel Jones, Cameron Meredith, Daimion Stafford

It is not a surprise that Martinez wasn't among the top three at QB. Lots of talented QBs in this conference.

Two things - first, we are raking in some major props. Lavonte, Rex, Fonzie, Maher, all getting First Team and/or Player of the Year at their position.

Second - they have GOT to get rid of the names of these awards. The sentiment is nice, but the names are atrocious. Case in point:

Lavonte David: Butkus-Fitzgerald Linebacker of the Year and 1st-team All-Big Ten

Alfonzo Dennard: Tatum-Woodson Defensive Back of the Year and 1st-team All-Big Ten

Maher is also Bakken-Andersen Kicker of the Year and Eddleman-Fields Punter of the Year

• Fire 1

Two things - first, we are raking in some major props. Lavonte, Rex, Fonzie, Maher, all getting First Team and/or Player of the Year at their position.

Second - they have GOT to get rid of the names of these awards. The sentiment is nice, but the names are atrocious. Case in point:

Alfonzo Dennard: Tatum-Woodson Defensive Back of the Year and 1st-team All-Big Ten

Maher is also Bakken-Andersen Kicker of the Year and Eddleman-Fields Punter of the Year

Agree about the names of the awards but I have to say I am really impressed that the Big Ten was smart enough realize the talent on this team even though we weren't always the most successful squad. These 3 guys had amazing years. Definitely gonna miss David running around making plays all game long. Dennard will have a hell of an NFL career, and folks here in Nebraska understand and appreciate the value of a great punter/kicker in Maher. Well deserved awards for these fellas.

Mildly surprised. Not that Rex isn't deserving, but that they recognized his worth.

Brett Maher was also named First Team All Big Ten. Awesome!

Mike Caputo and Spencer Long were voted by the coaches and media, respectively to the All Big Ten Second Team.

Honorable Mention: Austin Cassidy, Will Compton, Ben Cotton, Marcel Jones, Cameron Meredith, Daimion Stafford

It is not a surprise that Martinez wasn't among the top three at QB. Lots of talented QBs in this conference.

Did I miss something? Did they announce all of these before the tv show?

According to Bob Davie and Bob Wischusen, we should all look for the heart and soul of our defense Austin Cassidy to get honors.

I've never understood all that hate for Cassidy this year. Yeah, he's been out of position for some plays, but what player hasn't? I think most of the plays he supposedly gave up where because the corners and linebackers didn't do their job.

you do understand Bob davie and Cassidies parents are frineds right? I about blew a chart laughing so hard and Bob Davie talking up Cassidy so hard. Kid plays hard,Just not real sure about the NFL thing though. Heck davie probally had him as a 2nd rounder after all the love he gave him.