B1G better today after Urban Meyer hire?

chalk up another loss every season. With his coaching and recruiting, I see another team stompoing us every time we play them (see texas). We will probably loose the McMullen recruit from Ohio now as well.

Overall, this is horrible for the Huskers.

Best coaches in Big10 this year?

1. Hoke - We lost

2. Fitzgerald - We lost

3. Bielema - We lost

add in Urban, and now we will have 4 loses per year on average. All 4 can out-coach us and out-recruit us, save for Fitz recruiting (for now atleast).

Worst Coaches in the B1G this year?

1. Dantonio-We won

2. Bradley-We won

3. Ferentze-We won

4. Fickell-We won

Yep. Using your logic we should just discontinue our football program as we'll not win a single game next year. :sarcasm

Would you stop putting words in peoples mouths. I never said that. I was saying this is going to make it tougher for us. If you fail to see that, than thats your own issue that I wont try to change. sigh, some people...

I was just using your reasoning! Good grief! I was going to ask if you were a Husker fan or from Ohio State? Those men ARE good coaches but to say that just because Meyer is now the new coach we'll automatically lose 4 games? Good grief! How can you make such statements???

please show me where i said we will "automatically" lose those games? I said on average, how does that equate to "automatically"? On average, we would lose 2-3 games in the B12 due to two teams able to do the things i listed above.....

2008 we lost to Stoops, Leach and Pinkel (didnt play Brown). Would argue against Pinkle as better than Bo

2009 we lost to Brown, Leach. Beat Stoops.

2010 we lost to Brown, Stoops.

We have a track record of getting beat by better coaches with better recruits. Its not rocket science, most teams with better coaches and better recruits win the games. Granted, not every game goes as planned, but we are looking at averages not automatics. You think it will be any different with Meyers?

do you only see things in black and white? Why is there no grey with some Husker fans?

"chalk up another loss every season. " Sounds pretty 'automatic' to me. "add in Urban, and now we will have 4 loses per year on average.' And you know this because? "We have a track record of getting beat by better coaches with better recruits." So you're saying that Northwestern has a better coach than we do and better recruits yet they are sitting near the bottom of our conference? Don't talk in absolutes and ask someone else not to do it. Many teams with better coaches and better recruits win their games but not most. Look at all of the really good teams that lost this year: Oklahoma St to Baylor; Oklahoma to Iowa State; Nebraska to Northwestern; Michigan to Iowa. That's just off the top of my head. We beat some very good teams this year namely Michigan State and Ohio State along with Penn State. It may or may not be different with Meyers. He is a good coach but even with good recruits they are going to have to learn his style of play. He is going to have to get re-acquainted with Ohio culture. It's going to be a very busy first year for him. I think he will turn out a very good team but to say that this is going to be 'horrible for Nebraska' is a bit insulting and a bit over the top. But that is my opinion. You are entitled to your opinion but don't expect me to agree with it.

• Fire 1

Lady, no where did i talk about "absolutes"; you are just making up stuff, now. I clearly stated that "any given Saturday, anything can happen". I also stated that its an "average" and "most of the time". Yet, you say I am talking in "absolutes"? /sigh

Yes, Pat is a better coach, havent you been reading this thread?

Clearly our idea of a good team differs. OSU was 6-6, and they were good? Yet, you imply NW,that is also 6-6, isn't very good. I give up...

We can agree to disagree, I guess.

Lady, no where did i talk about "absolutes"; you are just making up stuff, now. I clearly stated that "any given Saturday, anything can happen". I also stated that its an "average" and "most of the time". Yet, you say I am talking in "absolutes"? /sigh

Yes, Pat is a better coach, haven't you been reading this thread?

Clearly our idea of a good team differs. OSU was 6-6, and they were good? Yet, you imply NW,that is also 6-6, isn't very good. I give up...

We can agree to disagree, I guess.

Deal.

chalk up another loss every season. With his coaching and recruiting, I see another team stompoing us every time we play them (see texas). We will probably loose the McMullen recruit from Ohio now as well.

Overall, this is horrible for the Huskers.

Best coaches in Big10 this year?

1. Hoke - We lost

2. Fitzgerald - We lost

3. Bielema - We lost

add in Urban, and now we will have 4 loses per year on average. All 4 can out-coach us and out-recruit us, save for Fitz recruiting (for now atleast).

Worst Coaches in the B1G this year?

1. Dantonio-We won

2. Bradley-We won

3. Ferentze-We won

4. Fickell-We won

Yep. Using your logic we should just discontinue our football program as we'll not win a single game next year. :sarcasm

Would you stop putting words in peoples mouths. I never said that. I was saying this is going to make it tougher for us. If you fail to see that, than thats your own issue that I wont try to change. sigh, some people...

I was just using your reasoning! Good grief! I was going to ask if you were a Husker fan or from Ohio State? Those men ARE good coaches but to say that just because Meyer is now the new coach we'll automatically lose 4 games? Good grief! How can you make such statements???

please show me where i said we will "automatically" lose those games? I said on average, how does that equate to "automatically"? On average, we would lose 2-3 games in the B12 due to two teams able to do the things i listed above.....

2008 we lost to Stoops, Leach and Pinkel (didnt play Brown). Would argue against Pinkle as better than Bo

2009 we lost to Brown, Leach. Beat Stoops.

2010 we lost to Brown, Stoops.

We have a track record of getting beat by better coahes with better recruits. Its not rocket scinece, most teams with better coaches and better recruits win the games. Granted, not every game goes as planned, but we are looking at averages not automatics. You think it will be any different with Meyers?

do you only see things in black and white? Why is there no grey with some Husker fans?

Really?

I just head something that made me actually laugh out loud. I clicked on ESPN Sports Center and an interviewer was talking with a former coach. She asked him how fast Urban Meyer could bring tOSU back to prominence-2 or 3 years? The coach said, 'Oh, I think it will be right away. They should be 4-0 going in to Nebraska!' ROFLOL! It just hit me funny! How would YOU take this? 1) They don't play anybody good until they get to Nebraska 2) They don't play any conference foes until Nebraska or 3) They don't think anyone can give them a game until they get to the team that beat them this year?

Barring any NCAA sanctions that would keep them out of the B1G championship for X amount of years, Meyer will have that team playing in the B1G championship game in two years max. He's been a successful coach everywhere he has been. I would like to say that the Leaders division is more competition for Ohio State than the SEC East was for Florida, but I just don't see Penn State or Wisconsin being able to stop Ohio State once Meyer really grabs hold of the program.

I welcome the competition and Meyer is one of the best. Bring him on.