B1G better today after Urban Meyer hire?

With Dantonio doing well, the Hoke hire turning out like it is, Brett B at Wiscy and of course Pelini at NU.....I can't help but think the entire conference now has all the right pieces to bring added hype and expectations that can't be anything but good for the conference and, ultimately, NU.

If PSU can recover sooner than later.....there could be 4 or 5 annual 'powers' that elevate everyone since they all play each other. Similar to the SEC.

Thoughts?

I think the other NU has a pretty damn good coach too. I would probably put him in the top 3 in the conference considering what he has to work with. I'm not sold on Hoke yet. He very well may end up being a good coach but he was handed an offensive cupboard that was over flowing with talent. We'll see what happens when he's running his Pro Style offense and recruiting his own kids.

I think the other NU has a pretty damn good coach too. I would probably put him in the top 3 in the conference considering what he has to work with. I'm not sold on Hoke yet. He very well may end up being a good coach but he was handed an offensive cupboard that was over flowing with talent. We'll see what happens when he's running his Pro Style offense and recruiting his own kids.

Yea - great point about Fitz. He's a damn good coach.

I hear ya on Hoke...certainly handed some talent and time will tell. He really does seem to be a good fit.....but life is easier for him with Dennard / others right now. Amazing the improvements on D. The Greg Mattison hire might have been the move that makes his legacy.

With Dantonio doing well, the Hoke hire turning out like it is, Brett B at Wiscy and of course Pelini at NU.....I can't help but think the entire conference now has all the right pieces to bring added hype and expectations that can't be anything but good for the conference and, ultimately, NU.

If PSU can recover sooner than later.....there could be 4 or 5 annual 'powers' that elevate everyone since they all play each other. Similar to the SEC.

Thoughts?

the B1G will never be like the SEC, just won't happen, too many good athletes stay in the south...and I suspect it won't take Urban very long before he will be owning the B1G as well....he is a proven, big time head coach.

Absolutely. The B1G has good coaches, but after Tressel was ousted, the B1G no longer had any proven elite coaches that can take teams to the national championship and win it.

Now the conference adds Urban Meyer, and I have no doubt in my mind, the conference will soon have an elite team winning national championships...

Nebraska. chuckleshuffle

With theSEC changing it's recruiting rules to limit over singing the pendulum will start to swing.

Thoughts?

the B1G will never be like the SEC, just won't happen, too many good athletes stay in the south...and I suspect it won't take Urban very long before he will be owning the B1G as well....he is a proven, big time head coach.

Urban has some good pieces to work with at OSU. The coaches he will use won't be the same ones he used at Florida. Big name coaches don't always keep up the same level of excellence when they take a break and go back into coaching. Don't get me wrong....I think his name will attract recruits and he may be able to get a few speedy Florida players to Columbus but I'm not ready to crown OSU as the new National Champion. I wonder if his committment will be the same as it was in his previous jobs?

Meyer and Hoke may just take this conference over. This hire definitely makes things tougher for the rest of us. This could also be a big hit to Nebraska's recruiting effort in what was supposed to be one of our strongest states.

Texas? You're surely not talking about Ohio, where we have only begun to make inroads recently. We will continue to be a national recruiter. The hiring of Urban Meyer doesn't change that.

chalk up another loss every season. With his coaching and recruiting, I see another team stompoing us every time we play them (see texas). We will probably loose the McMullen recruit from Ohio now as well.

Overall, this is horrible for the Huskers.

Best coaches in Big10 this year?

1. Hoke - We lost

2. Fitzgerald - We lost

3. Bielema - We lost

add in Urban, and now we will have 4 loses per year on average. All 4 can out-coach us and out-recruit us, save for Fitz recruiting (for now atleast).

chalk up another loss every season. With his coaching and recruiting, I see another team stompoing us every time we play them (see texas). We will probably loose the McMullen recruit from Ohio now as well.

Overall, this is horrible for the Huskers.

Best coaches in Big10 this year?

1. Hoke - We lost

2. Fitzgerald - We lost

3. Bielema - We lost

4. Dantonio-We won

add in Urban, and now we will have 4 loses per year on average. All 4 can out-coach us and out-recruit us, save for Fitz recruiting (for now atleast).

You forgot one.

I like when people use coaches as a determinant as to if we win or not.

We beat Bob Stoops, so he must not be as good of a coach as Bo Pelini.